Thread: Mildura vs Yarrawonga, where to go?

Default Mildura vs Yarrawonga, where to go?

Hi everyone, looking for your invaluable advice yet again!

DH turns 30 this year, and I want to take him and DD away for a long weekend on a driving holiday. We've never been to either Mildura or Yarrawonga and I was thinking one of these places. DH doesn't know where we are going, his only request is somewhere he can go fishing, which I don't mind because I love fishing too. It'll be the last weekend in November, so weather should be nice.

Have you been to either place and what are the pros and cons? DD will be 20 months then. Any tips on lovely but inexpensive accommodation would be good too. Why did you love the place you went to?

TIA

Corelly x

Depends what ur after really. Mildura is alot busier than yarra, but its also got more things to do IYKWIM?
    Theres plenty of self contained type units in yarrawonga if thats the style of accomodation your after. Theres also a great little farm just over the bridge called linley park ( may not be there now, this is going back a fair way!) that ur DD will love.
    I spnt most of my childhood in Yarra and love the place, nice ppl, great market, and nice and quiet.
    Have fun!

Thanks Skybie, fishing okay in Yarrawonga?

honestly couldnt tell u, not something i was ever into, but our old neighbours used to go up once a yr on a fishing trip, so u can assume there is fish there!

Thanks again Skybie