Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romantic relaxing getaway

Default Romantic relaxing getaway

Ok guys, I am planning a surprise weekend getaway for Shel within the next few months.

I would love to hear about your favourite romantic getaway spots. I want it to be really special, cos I'm not sure when we'll get to do this again!

I don't really have an idea of where I want to go... well, anywhere along the Qld coast would be nice, I've always wanted to go to the Whitsundays lol (who doesn't!) ... I thought of just getting a romantic cabin in the Tamborine Mountains (GC hinterland)... But I love the Blue Mountains, went there to visit family as a teenager, and always remembered how beautiful it was. I've always heard that the Kimberly Ranges are wonderful...

I just want something that is really special, and I want to splurge and plan a nice trip for Shel.

We aren't really fussed on whether its mountain or beach views, as long as its beautiful. It doesn't have to have lots of attractions or things to do, just some nice places to eat and nice things to look at.

So, what are your favourite romantic getaway spots???

ETA: Lol, I knew what I meant to write, even if no one else did (blame it on baby brain!). I would spend more than a weekend there if we went ourside Qld, but it'd have to be pretty good! lol!
    Last edited by Indadhanu; January 15th, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

I have been to a really nice place at Mt Tamborine. I am trying to remember what it was called but can't It had themed cottages - one was a old church etc. That was lovely. For our honeymoon we went to the hinterland of Byron and that was lovely too out in the rainforest.

Just remembered the MT Tam place - Lisson Grove.
    Last edited by krysalyss; January 15th, 2008 at 11:57 AM. Reason: remembered!

My fav spot is in NSW though.

Its called Barrington Tops...lovely cottages in the hinterland..hidden away.....gorgeous!! We went their for a first weekend away when Dh and i got together and then also for our honeymoon.

Hunter Valley Accommodation | NSW Accommodation | Hunter Valley Australia

Ive not been anywhere else thats worth going to thats romantic. DH and i are going away to Lakes Entrance next month....but thats VIC...lol. Soz i cant help you with QLD!!

I can vouch for Barrington tops too. That's where we went before DD was born, it was really lovely and relaxing. Blue Mountains are beautiful too, we often used to go there for a weekend getaway (but we live in NSW!!). Good luck with your planning and have fun!!

The blue mountains are lovely in autumn .

What about the Hunter Valley?

The Whitsundays would be lovely. Maybe you could find a package where you can sail around for a few days.

What about the barrier reef?

Hi everybody!

Well iam trying to organise our first trip away for the first time since two became three! We are limited for time (1 night and two days) We were thinking about going to conrad jupiters on Gold coast - Having dinner, watching a stage show and staying the night! Its five stars, has heaps of diff restuarants, pubs etc so it would probably be perfect for the people who are time poor! For those of you who want some serious peace and quiet, the sunshine coast hinterland is a beautiful and romantic getaway for sure! Montville, Melany areas have an abundance of places to stay catering for romance. well iam whaffling now but yeah hope that help somewhat...

Teg

Alisia, when DF and I need to unwind we go to these gorgeous cabins at Maleny called Rosebrook Cottages.. I cannot rave enough about them. They have spa's, fireplaces and stunning interiors. The cabins are purched on the side of the mountain and have an awesome view. We get massages while we are there out on the deck and they supply yummy naughty food too. Just google rosebrook cottages at Maleny.. We have been to a few places at Maleny and nothing compares to these..

i love the sunshine coast. we r going to alexandra headland for our honeymoon. google the alexandra beach breakfree resort

The sunshine coast is pretty good, except for the fact that we live there lol. Was hoping to venture a little further from home

what about springbrook?? Gold coast hinterland...
    we stayed at a place called the 'mouses house' on our honeymoon. There are all little cottages, very secluded- and we had a spa bath right next to the bed- with views out into the rainforest. Possums on doorstep everynight... can do as little or as much as you want!
    Their are heaps of places up their....

leash- would you consider coming to vic?

I love Palm Cove, so relaxing and pleasant, I've been there 4 times and would go back at the drop of a hat.

I just got am email from jetstar - not that I want to do their advertising for them but I thought I'd pass it on

Great Australian Holiday Deals!

Jetstar is offering some sensational prices on a great range of holiday airfare and accommodation packages. Choose from beach getaways, short breaks, family holidays and indulgence packages.

But hurry, this sensational sale ends on the 25 January 2008, unless sold out prior. For travel between 01 May - 24 June 2008. Prices marked ^ are also for travel between 15 February - 18 March 2008.
    Jetstar - Holiday packages - Building your own holiday - flights + hotels + cars

If you want to go as far as the Blue Mountains, i can thoroughly recommend Moments B&B at Wentworth Falls - just gorgeous, very intimate little spot! Just down the road a bit from Leura, we had the best ever romantic dinner at the Brasserie there. Anyway the place worked its magic on us cos we came home wanting a baby!

The Hydro majestic at Medlow Bath in the Blue Mountains is expensive but very grand and romantic.

oooh I love the Hydro majestic mrsmac. It's one of my very favourite hotels.

We just got home after a week in the Hunter Valley Vineyards... we had our wedding there which wasn't very relaxing! ... but the week afterwards was!

There are some fantastic restaurants and places to stay - I can PM you some details if you're interested, just let me know!

I know the last thing you want to do being pregnant is a wine tour when you can't drink, but we did a few tours (Shel can do the tasting )... and had a few incredible days (same tour guide, but different tour each time)... He took us to a Tapas restaurant for lunch which was just incredible, the food was amazing - and really well priced.

Depending on when you want to go, too, they have lots of events coming up soon - Like concerts (A Day On The Green) - They have had some major acts there over the past 6 months.

Well worth going... And I kept the tour guides details as he was brilliant, for next time

Very romantic and relaxing (and the phone service is patchy so you have the perfect excuse to not have to answer your phone to anyone.... seclusion!!! )

My DH and I went to a beautiful spot for an indulgant weekend before our DS was born and it is just gorgeous. You would need to fly down to NSW Newcastle Airport and hire a car and drive but it is worth it. If you google Clarendon Forest Retreat it should come up. We stayed in the Chapel and we loved it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast