Thread: Taxis

Default Taxis

We are booking a taxi with a car seat in to go to the airport, this apparently is no problem from what I've heard. What about coming back though - do we join the queue outside as usual or should we book one? I know there's usually a person directing things -maybe they order one for you?
    Just wondering if anyone who's done it can shed light on what to do on returning?
    Thanks!

order one beforehand - let them know which flight you will be on.

And I would recommend getting a silver service one - specially if you have been travelling far and might be a bit tired. It generally costs about $12 more but means that the driver will meet you and help you with your bags and won't go if you aren't there right on the alloted time.

I asked my taxi co. for a carseat for my toddler today. Couldn't be done. Had to get to where I was going. had to hold him on my lap.

Oh Bath - that is awful - did they say why?

They (SilverTop Taxis) said it couldn't be done. They said I could provide my own as all taxis have bolts. The thing is: if you are catching a taxi it usually means you are on foot. How was I meant to lug around my car seat at my destination and carry my toddler and hold the hand of my 4yo. I look forward to the day when every taxi has built in baby seats. The current 'system' is just wrong.

Hey there,
    In case anyone's wondering, we ended up just getting in the queue, where the taxi coordinator asked if we needed a car seat. She then radioed a taxi with a seat and asked to wait further down where the taxi would pick us up in a few minutes. It was pretty easy which was great as my partner was really ill & we'd absolutely had it by the time we touched down in Sydney.

Excellent news - glad that it worked out this time.

Bath - bugger - they must just not think.