Thread: Tiger Airways

Default Tiger Airways

Any one ever travelled with them before?

What are they like?
    Are they any good with kids?

We are flying Newcastle to Melbourne next week

Haven't flown with them.

I've been looking at their flights too (Melbourne to Newcastle actually!) and they're cheap for adults, but they charge $30 per infant (<2yrs) even though they don't allocate a seat and they don't give a baggage allowance either.

I'm sticking with Virgin 'cause even though the cost works out about the same, they allow and extra 5kg carry on bag for bubba.

We booked 3 seats even though only need 2. Girls stuff all goes in our bag anyhow.

I hope they are ok!

Good plan!

Let us know what you think of them after your trip.

Expect delays.....!! They are usually running 30-45mins late..... our friend flies with them every 3wks for work and EVERY single time we have picked her up from the airport (we live right near the gold coast airport) it is late.... Melbourne to Gold Coast flights anyways. BUT it's a budget airline so you get what you pay for... lol

Eeeeek....delays are the last thing i want with 2 small kids!! Ta for the head up Renee!

No worries... and yeah with little kidlets it would be very inconvenient being delayed....

A couple of times i've heard Tiger have just cancelled a flight and left the passengers stranded and they've had to pay for other flights to get home like Qantas etc.(it was on the news few mths ago).. if it was me i'd pay that little extra and fly with Virgin or Jetstar they are very reliable i find anyway

MIL paid for the flights...all been booked in now

Wil let you all know how we get on!

kim we flew with them in feb to sunshine coast and to be honest were great, yes we were delayed leaving melbourne but hey that can happen to anyone really, yes was annoying as sophie was very overtired, but were great ans gave us a spare seat both ways. flight home was ontime, i found the baggage weight the biggest issue but cos you have three seats you can have 3 bags with 15kg each so you'll be fine!
    overall for what we paid no complaits!!!

Kim I hope you have a good trip, F-I-L flew with them a month or so ago and he said he would never ever fly with them again. He was delayed, he said the service wasn't great and the food was shocking. I hope yours isn't as bad, if so put it down to a learning experience!

We flew to the sunshine coast in March $19.95 dollar fares. We were also delayed in Melbourne ( while they calibrated the fuel as there was a difference on the gage to the paper work) honestly that didnt bother me we were on the plane we could move around. Kids were pretty good and the staff were nice. And for 20 dollars I didnt care LOL
    Coming home flight was on time actually we arrived a touch early due to the great weather.
    I am waiting for more cheap flights and I am off again with TIGER.
    Bec
    PS they did change our flights a few times by about 20 minutes but this all happened weeks before our scheduled flights

On the way home: Flew Tiger Airways, Flight was delayed. Ment to leave at 3.45pm, we left at 4.15pm. Then they were told by air traffic control they were going to fast and had to slow down, so we never got back to Melb until 5.35pm (10 mins later then we should have excluding the delay) The girls were awesome. Jasmine slept, Chelsea sat on her own seat and ripped up their magazine (opps!). However...when we arrived at Melbourne. You had to walk miles from the plane (had no walk way, had to use stairs to get off plane), then to make matters worse was pi$$ing down rain (and all out in the open fromt he plane to the baggage area), then you go to this dingey baggage collection area, then walk mies again to the carpark. By then i was stuffed, no pram, 2 tired and hungry kids, and far to much walking. AND it was raining!!! The check in staff at Newcastle were fantastic, the flight crew fantastic, the flight it self fantastic....just once we got to Melbourne..NOT so fantastic!

So based on that we are NEVER flying Tiger again purely cos of the dumb airport set up they have!!!

Just to hard with 2 small kids, baggage and then getting to the carpark.

I just noticed a friends facebook status...Im never flying Tiger airways again

Smart friend Summer!