Thread: what other than chocolate??

Default what other than chocolate??

What is there that i HAVE to do in Tasmania OTHER THAN go to the Cadbury FActory??
    I would like to stay in a cottage somewhere rugged..... and some mountain type stuff as well but I think we will only be there for a week...
    any ideas??
    Jemima will be about 15 months old I think or a little less....hopefully walking.....

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

A walk around richmond is gorgeous.
    We took a bus up mt weelington which had great views but very cold!!!
    Salamanca markets are great in hobart!
    Port arthur
    Huen trail has a great walk called the air walk but may be a bit long for a little one and tiring with a sling!

Will u be travelling much? or based somewhere specific?
    Tasmania is gorgeous

I can imagine we will be travelling around a lot, i have half thought about hiring a campervan for the trip but want to stay in lots of different places not just in caravan.....
    I have heard of Huen trail.... will have to look all these places up and see how long it takes to drive between them and then consider what jem will be like in the car..... i can imagine lots of singing of silly songs.........

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

We went over once on boat and arrived in devnonprt drove to burnie (to taste cheese) then to craddle mountain for 1 night then on to somewhere else for another night then to hobart for 3 nights then st helens for 1 night and launceston for one night and next morning toi devonport for boat was very tiring and didnt get to see alot of other places as rushining to get places!

we went back another time and just stayed in hobart for 5 days and got so much more done and seen!!

we stayed in hobart itself and lots of boat cruises and bus trips go from there!!!

OOoh the airwalk is great at Tehune Forest! We had Darcy in a backpack carrier. My very scared of heights husband was terrified!

Just our of Launceston there's the Seahorse world and the platypus place that's pretty cool for little kids and the fairy penguin tour out of there was cool too.

Well its been almost a decade since I went to Tasmania but I will never forget Lake St Claire............been so long can't exactly remember where it is but there were beautiful walks and a boat cruise of the lake....but come to think of it, the cruise may not be practical with a little one. We also did a couple of nights in a few places but definitely the most memorable was Lake St Claire!

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Yeh, you definitely gotta stay at least one night (well, that's all you need there) in a cabin at Cradle Mountain

It's pricey BUT so worth it

Just take your own food as it's so insanely expensive at cradle Mountain

... And remember to NOT feed the animals that you most likely will see there. Well, we had them at our front cabin door ... And it was just awesome !!!

I went to Port Arthur, before the massacre, and I loved it. What a fascinating place.

cabin at cradle mountain sounds like a plan.....
    we have been half thinking about changing the plan altogether and going to new zealand..... but that would be more driving and jemima may not like that.... not sure
    have found if we play 'what is love" from night at the roxbury she is happy though