Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to take to entertain a nearly 9 month old?

JM - Definitely not on my own, I don't think I could handle 3 young kids on my own!!! lol

I'm hoping the distraction of 3 kids will help prevent any anxiety attacks, although it didn't work on the way down. However, I was doped up on valium and all I wanted to do was sleep - after I had a bad anxiety attack.. LOL

DH suggested we get seats at the front, because we always got them at the back - he said perhaps because at the front nearly everyone is behind you so it feels like you are on a bus, not a plane - plus its not as noisy, so I can chill a bit more.

I'm wishing I could just get drunk as a skunk, but obviously, thats out of the question.

Most people want to sit at the front, no idea why. In a hurry to get off and stand around and wait for their bags?

And i think they automatically start the seating at the front and work back, so i find the back less crowded and that we more often get a spare seat if we're back further. Sometimes i have been on planes that only have toilets at the back..... you can check the type of plane using your flight number and you should be able to see where the toilets are. Every toilet i've been in has had a fold down change table. But i do always go to the back.....

Are you flying jetstar the whole way? If you are on Qantas you can request a childrens meal if you are flying over meals times. Just saying, incase you are flying with them! You can do it online through manage your booking with qantas.

Nah just flying on Jetstar the whole way - how do I check where the toilets are? I've been over and over their site for the information and I can't find it..

You should be able to find a flight schedule with the plane info, maybe on the page where you picked your seats?. If possibly says it on your ticket. It usually does. Then you can google the plane type if you can't find more info on jetstar.

Last edited by Junglemum; August 23rd, 2010 at 04:47 PM.

haha thats just confused me cos I can't find ours on there.. ROFL!!!!

haha, PM your flight number if you like. I'll find it for you.

Durr.. found it.. LOL

Now... what does that document tell me? LOL

The AC is the aircraft...... it will give you the model number of the aircraft. Then you can find a seating plan!

Argh I just rang Jetstar and they said that they don't actually have ANY toilets at the front of the planes (even though the guy DH spoke to when we had another booking problem said that there WERE toilets at the front of the plane) crap crap crap. I don't want to be walking the length of the plane with DS when he needs to go to the toilet!!! arghhh... plus I've always hated walking past lots of people when busting to go to the loo myself...

It's not too late to change your seats.....

I flew jetstar when ds was 9 months. Our plane had toilets and change table at the front. Ds happily played with all the crap in my handbag! Receipts, the dozens of store cards in my wallet, sunglasses etc. We did take a book and soft toy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlFreak View Post
    I flew jetstar when ds was 9 months. Our plane had toilets and change table at the front. Ds happily played with all the crap in my handbag! Receipts, the dozens of store cards in my wallet, sunglasses etc. We did take a book and soft toy as well.
    At the front of the plane?!!?!?! Arghhh!!! Who is telling me the truth about where their bloody toilets are located.. you'd think jetstar people would know where the toilets are on the freakin planes!!!! arghhhhh!!!

We were in an airbus I think if that helps

Ok I've checked all our flights, and all of them (bar the one that doesn't seem to exist with that flight number, apparently we're flying a ghost plane) all of them are on the 320.

Now I'm googling to see exactly what the 320 HAS.

rhyb Guest

My DDs like socks if that helps lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12