Thread: Zoofari lodge - Dubbo Zoo

Default Zoofari lodge - Dubbo Zoo

Has anyone stayed there? Is it good? It looks quite good. Bit expensive, but it seems to include a lot.. so I'm yet to compare staying somewhere else and adding on admission prices for all the things that are included.

I'm looking for a short holiday that the kids (well.. at least DS) will enjoy, and that's not too far to travel, seeing as petrol is so expensive these days. We'd be looking at Sept/Oct.. but not school holidays (whenever they are). Is it still really cold in Dubbo then?

We could possibly extend the holiday and stay at Wellington or something and do the caves there too. Dunno yet.

Anyone done a similar Dubbo trip? What do you recommend?

btw - we need a travel section on BB! (or did I just not find it? )

Just moving to the holidays and travel forum :P

We haven't been but I'm dying to go. I want to take Yasin for his birthday this year.
    My sister went a couple of years ago and fell off her bike and needed stitches. Up to that point she loved it.

LOL - thanks Dach (obviously didn't look hard enough!!) Did she stay at the lodge? or just go to the zoo?

Liz, DH and I stayed at Zoofari lodge a few years ago and LOVED it. I recommend it to anyone who goes to Dubbo Zoo because you get to have a whole different experience and get really close to the animals in their night enclosures. There was an afternoon, evening and morning tour and the next day you get free bike hire to tootle around the zoo to see the animals you don't get to see on the tours. We fed the Giraffe's and got close to the elephants. The night tour was really great and my highlight was seeing the Hippo's. The lodge was good too except we didn't have hot water for some reason but it was warm when we went. The dinner at the main house was great and we met others staying in the lodges. The most memorable thing for me was the noise of the zoo in the middle of the night. The lions roaring is amazing. I could just go on and on.

I can't wait for DD to get bigger so we can go back again.
    Last edited by Tinsel; July 17th, 2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: typo