Thread: Perth - what's it like?

Default Perth - what's it like?

hello ladies!!

We are thinking about moving over to the West!!!

So, all you Perth people - tell me everything! What it's like? What are the "good" suburbs? What's the best beach etc etc etc....

Thanks

hi hun, i have lived in perth all my life (how very sad haha) so i prob know everything there is to know. are you moving here for work or choice? best to PM me with specific questions or i could go on all day!!! xx

Excellent! Thanks will PM you. It will be for work.

Feel Free to PM me too - Don't want to be seen to 'bag' out certain suburbs, as it does not always reflect the people that live there

Depends what you like, where you're working, what transport options you need and how much money you have

Most places in perth you need a car to get around, but some areas are good for public transport, for eg.

I LOVE it!! I moved here from the east coast 11.5 years ago and haven't looked back. My sister followed me 6 months after I left home and our parents moved her 2 years ago to be with us and, of course, their grand children My DH is from SA and my sisters DH is from the ACT. We all love it!

Happy for you to PM me as well as I know a lot about making the big move and what to expect. It is a bit of a 'clicky' place and SO much quieter than other capital cities but it's just beautiful. If you like good weather and the outdoors then this is the place for you.

If you like the quiet life, you'll love Perth. That said, we do have cinemas, theatres, plays, musicals, concerts. outdoor cinemas ...

If you like the beach, you'll love Perth. From surfing beaches (Scarborough, Trigg), to family beaches (Cottesloe), beach volleyball, we have some really nice beaches. Clean. Quiet. Or crowded. Take your pick. Never too far to drive to the beach.

Happy for you to PM me too

Replied incorrectly
    Last edited by trying_again; August 6th, 2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Replied incorrectly

BORING!! Sorry, just joking. I have lived in Perth all my life too, and actually think it's a great place to live. The thing I like least about it is the hot, hot, hot summers. But I am a wimp when it comes to the heat.