Thread: Where can I get good storage bags?

Default Where can I get good storage bags?

We are going on a 6 week caravaning trip and I need to work out how to store our clothes! We have some small drawers, but with 5 of us we'll need to store a lot of our clothes under the double bed.

I really want some clear storage bags (not vacuum bags) so they can be squished and stacked together easily. I'd love something like the clear bags you get doonas, etc. it (with a zip and handle).

Does anyone know where I can get storage bags like this from?

I am having a heart attack worrying about how we're going to fit all our stuff in!!

Sorry Trish, no help here, but I would love to know too for storage of DS old clothes
    Btw, Happy birthday to your gorgeous DD

Thanks DD

Have a look for blanket bags.You can use vacuum bags just don't need to use them as such.

Can you line under the bed with contact so you don't need bags? Unless you are doing Gibb River Rd or other red dirt road, then you could pop them into garbage bags for that stint of the trip.

Rivlas's point of using the vacuum bas but not vacuuming them is a good idea too.

Where you headed? We did 12 months around Aus in a camper trailer for our honey moon, and we plan to do it again in a few years with the kids. I'm jealous!

I've pm'd you the links Trish and DD - but look online at Howards Storage World or The Storage Shop

I was going to suggest Howards as well. Love that place! Maybe check out a camping shop?? They might have something or be able to suggest somewhere else?
    I got some storage bags from Kmart a few years ago, they are zippered, plastic on top so you can see whats inside, but the sides and bottom were a material (cotton?) which wouldn't be good if you got some wet stuff on the floor near them..We currently have some of DD's toys stored in them

Ikea? Bunnings?

Thanks everyone for your ideas!

Jungle Mum - We're heading over to WA, it should be fun! We'd love to do a bigger trip one day . We will definitely need bags, otherwise all our stuff will be mixed up and hard to find. It will be easier to just grab a bag of DD's and the boy's stuff and shove it back I think.

ControlFreak - Thank you so much for the links, you rock! We have a Howards Storage not far from us so I will definitely go and check them out. I need to make sure the dimensions will fit where we need them to go.

Sopdet - I looked on the Ikea website yesterday, but didn't see anything suitable. I might check out Bunnings though.

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate it!

Well make sure you get to Gnarloo for a surf! It rocks. The snorkeling there is great too. A truly amazing place. Karijini NP is amazing too. Some great hikes, although mainly in gorges, so might be a bit steep for the kids.

What about those bags that you can but from the $2 shop? I store all my kids clothes in them and they are fantastic! You know the ones that are tartn looking?

I bought Space Bags - not the vac ones, they roll up.
    Packed a months worth of clothes for me and DH in 1 medium suitcase.
    Bought them from Target, $30 for 2 medium and 2 small in one box.

Thanks LimeSlice, I'll have to check them out

hipmummy - Thanks for your suggestion, I did think of those bags, but they'll be too big to fit in the hole they need to go in!

Junglemum - Where's Gnarloo? We're doing the south coast and working our way up to Perth, then heading home again. I'd love to take my board, but DH won't let me, he reckons it will take up too much space .