Thread: Artwork and decorating tips!

Default Artwork and decorating tips!

I am after some ideas to decorate our place on a budget! DH has painted and the place looks lovely and fresh but very white and bare.
    I would love some recommendations for places to hunt down some works that do not cost the earth! Blogs, galleries, websites and markets would all be great.
    I have done cheap and cheerful scrapbooking paper in frames for the girls rooms - owls in one babushkas in the other but am stuck as to what to do in the living areas.
    PS I am clearly distracting myself from cleaning out the messes that need to be sorted!

Check out discount stores or art shops for canvas's cheap & find some fabric you really like & staple or glue it to the canvas (on the back) & hang them up. You could do a series of them that are all slightly different

I love printspace and have a few pieces for my nursery, i just got some ikea frames and a new mat made at the local framing shop.

Great tips thanks! xx

Hi Mak,

We are in the middle of reno's and I love getting into the arty stuff (on the cheap!)

I absolutely love these two blogs - Young House Love and Bower Power. Sooo many great ideas and heaps of DIY stuff.

Thanks Summertime! I will go have a look. I love The Design Files but it is definitely in a different league, interestingly tho there seem to be many Ikea pieces hidden amongst the fab designer gear. Also like Auntie Cookie and Ink and Spindle for some lovely textiles. xx

Maybe you could get some canvas' and let the kids go at them?
    DD1 did a massive canvas for DP's 1st father day and it looks awesome, has her footprint hidden in there, some handprints.
    Get colors that match some furniture and let them flick it, walk on it etc etc.

Otherwise i like the fabric stapled to a canvas