Thread: Colour for security door and window frames?

Default Colour for security door and window frames?

Does anyone know - can you paint aluminium window frames? We have nasty looking plain mill-finish frames, they really look quite ugly.

I'm guessing that getting the entire window frame replaced with a nice coffee colour, would be quite expensive? Has anyone had this done?

Final question - we have a lovely, very good quality security door - worth about $1K brand new - however it's heritage green and there's nothing about our house that will ever make this colour a good idea. LOL. Could it be sandblasted and powdercoated in a new colour? Or how do you go about changing the colour?

you can get colourbond paint, im not sure how expensive it is though.
    Would you get the door done to match?

Yes probably. You'd want to make sure the paint 'sticks on' properly though, wouldn't you.

I'm thinking a nice coffee colour will work well with the colour of the bricks AND vorpal the house 30 years forward into the 2000's. LOL

The idea is then we'd have the money to invest in a nice stained solid timber front door (behind the coffee coloured screen) and also timber venetians - it would look quite nice from the outside without any particular bit/colour standing out too much, kwim?

Shalou Guest

Hi, we've just had security screens put on 2 of our properties and they cost approx $800 for all the windows and $250 each for the screen doors. We had one house done in a goldy/brown colour and the other house in black. I think to change the colour it has to be sandblasted and then powdercoated otherwise you'd be able to see the brush strokes.