Thread: Ergh just one thing after another

Default Ergh just one thing after another

This bathroom reno has been a bloody nightmare. We finally lined up a tiler to start Monday and now we gutted out the shower for then and there is rot under the floor. Dp was nearly in tears. So am I now so now we have to replace the floor and part of the beam and we just want out.

So now we have no shower and I'm going to have to have baths for weeks siiiigh

oooh, poor thing, i hope u can get it all fixed quickly and cheaply, on the plus side, enjoy the baths, i miss not having one, the downside of getting an extra bedroom, we got no bathroom, lol

rhyb Guest

Oh no! Hope it happens quickly for you cz Cairns is calling you!!

Doh. Ummmmm our entire house got renovated / rebuilt from the inside out all cause DH pulled up the bathroom tiles ... sorry, but it's better to catch early and do it right first time, than to hope it will go away and have to redo everything.

Hint: Go get a hand-held shower rose thingy (rubber) from the hardware / $2 store so you can have a hand-held shower in the bathtub.

Good luck, hope it works out for you quickly!

We went to change a tap, the bathroom sink broke into a dozen pieces. We had to go buy a new sink ($400 we didn't want to spend), none come in our original size (250x1200), so we have to retile part of the floor, but tiles don't come in blue anymore so we have to get black and paint the blue black, then the wall needs tiling, but the wall was getting wet from a hole in the roof, so we have reroofed the bathroom. Right now we have a sink siliconed back together, the new vanity is in the lounge and we haven't gone shopping for the black floor tiles yet lol (its that octagonal pattern with white tiles with small diamond shaped black tiles in the corners, not all black, before anyone screams about black bathrooms). We also need to scrub down the entire room and paint the bright blue walls and ceiling white, but it is the middle of winter and paint would take 3 days to dry in this weather, so it can wait a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    Hint: Go get a hand-held shower rose thingy (rubber) from the hardware / $2 store so you can have a hand-held shower in the bathtub.
    If your bathtub is out of order too, same deal but in the KITCHEN sink, or the laundry if you have space. Get a blue clamshell from Kmart to stand in while you hose yourself off.

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

babe that totally sux If you weren't so far away you could shower at my home

sorry to hear that. C'mon.
    and good luck for you.