Thread: Help me makeover my back garden!!

Thumbs up Help me makeover my back garden!!

So i'd like to redo it on the cheap!!!

There's nothing wrong with it but I want it to look great iykwim? At the moment have a largish undercover area with a 6 sater wooden table, a little outside sofa and a BBQ (filthy dirty) under it and then lots of grass with a busted up half swing set!

So the main things I think is to clean and get a cover for the BBQ...any tips how to clean it?

Get rid of the swing set...are there people that will come and take things away???

Clear away all the bits and pieces that are around.

What else can I do? I have a couple of windchimes around and a nice oil burnery thing on the table with some candles.

So what else?? Maybe plants? But on the floor or hanging? How do I hang them?

What nice things do you have in your garden?

BTW i'm renting so nothing too drastic!

TIA

pressure washer to wash the BBQ. if you don't have access to one, then maybe hot soapy water?

is the BBQ a mobile one? you could take it to the DIY car wash place and blast it clean.

Plants in funky tall ceramic pots around the edges. Couldn't tell you what sort to get, you could probably get something pretty nice in QLD though.

Thanks guys! BigW have heaps of stuff on sale so I got a pot and a plant, a mat, two lamps and a hanging candle thing. Putting them out now so hopefully it'll look nice!

I figure i'll keep adding plants and pots as I go

ETA - Thanks Kate, I bought some gloves and scourers so i'm going to hit the BBQ this afternoon! Someone told me beer to clean it but I think thats a waste of good beer lol!

Last time I was at Cheap as chips I noticed they had some interesting garden-decor type things - the ones that caught my eyes were metal geckos (to hang on the wall) with mosaic tummies - maybe you could keep an eye out for something similar and either hang them on the outside wall or on a fence if your outdoor area faces towards it.

Oooh where's Cheap as Chips? Are they in QLD?

Cheap as Chips is here in SA, but it's pretty similar to places like The Warehouse and Go Lo and The Reject Shop. I'm sure if you go to a few of them, you will find something similar.

Hey CQ!
    if u want someone to come and take the swing set etc away if it's not wanted anymore just put it on e bay and start it at .99c LOL!! We've sold so much stuff on bay for cheap and they have to come and take it away.

Thats a great idea although i've no idea how...is it easy??