Thread: What's a good tap brand??

Smile What's a good tap brand??

We're ready to get stuff for our bathroom renovation - which can't actually be renovated for a few months as we have salt damp and the wall has to dry out for 3-4 months first

So I know I can buy taps at Bunnings for $10 or at a bathroom showroom for $700... what's the difference? What's a good brand that's reliable and fairly priced?

Same goes for loos... I know I can get them for under $200 - or as much as $3000 I don't get it?

Advice/suggestions most welcome!

We're going for Caroma-Dorf in our new house. I like how much range they have, and they seem pretty well priced - plus they're a big enough company rep wise if there's a problem yknow?

It might be an idea to have a look at different tapware though, and decide what you really want and would use. DH loves the idea of thos pull out heads for the kitchen taps, but after speaking to his parents who have one, we decided against it. Just do what I do, google everything and look at the pretty pics!

Good luck darl, renovating is fun!

Def spend the extra on the toilet - and go porcelain.

As for taps, not sure really, but you want metal, not plastic ones. I always thought Dorf were a 'quality' brand. I would buy them from Reese or somewhere though, not bunnings, as they will actually know what they are talking about.

Thanks guys... sounds like good advice.

Lime - why porcelain? Why is it better?

The home show was quite disappointing from a bathroom point of view.. only had a couple of companies there - but no Reece or Tradelink or anything (which is what I was looking for)... so I will have to go to the shops here when I can.

So keep the advice coming!

How about the AS-American Standard? Toto.
    i think they're all high quality products.