Thread: Getting my implanon removed...

Default Getting my implanon removed...

I got my implanon put in while I was in hospital when DD2 was 4 days old. She will be 5 months old this week and I have been pretty much bleeding continuously since I've had it in - hence why I am getting it removed.

Does it hurt to get removed (I know they will give me a local anesthetic - that hurt like hell when they gave it to me to put it in) and also how long will it take for my bleeding to stop once it is removed?

I had an implanon in for a year with light bleeding for almost the whole year (don't ask me how I lasted a year). It didn't hurt at all having it removed. I really can't remember when the bleeding stopped, but it wasn't too long - maybe a week or two, maybe less (it was a while ago, so my memory is kind of fuzzy).

Sorry I'm not more help.

Mine didn't hurt getting it out from memory. It was easier than getting it put in and mine had been in a few years.
    I felt so much better without it!

Mine didn't hurt, but I went into light shock - I recommend not watching them take it out, and try and think of something else! Mine had gotten stuck in the scar tissue, and they kept pulling and pulling, and all I could see was my arm stretching further than I thought possible and the rod still sticking half in my arm!

Implanon is a controlled dose from the rod, so it filters out of the system pretty quickly once the rod has been removed. A few days they say. You should hopefully start getting some normalcy after that.

I have just checked my FF charts. I had the implanon removed on 3/4/08 and my cycle returned to normal on 23/4/08. I had a short annovulatory cycle between, and then returned to a regular cycle. Here are my charts if it helps 1ced1c Ovulation Charts

Thanks girls,

I got it removed about an hour ago. I am so glad it has gone. I didn't watch the dr do it but could feel lots of pulling and squeezing. My arm is a bit sore now. Hopefully it wont take long for my cycles to get back to normal. Before I fell pregnant with DD2 my cycles were every 28 days and the bleeding only lasted 3 days and it was light, hopefully it will be like that again.