Thread: do i start natural inductions or wait

Default do i start natural inductions or wait

Hi all,

I went to my midwife appointment today and we had a chat about this bub making a late arrival.
    My next appointment at the hospital is not until the 2nd of July, and they will then book me in to be induced on the 9th of JUly.
    As i have been induced with both my previous bubs, i was really wanting things to go along naturally.
    The midwife suggested i start Raspberry leaf tea and sex.
    I get a little anxious though as i think that bub wil come when he is ready and its not fair to try and get him to arrive early, but at the same time i would like to avoid another induction.
    ARGHHHHHHHHH what to do

I have started RLT already, only 1-2 cups a day, and I'm only 31 1/2 wks. I too was induced last time and want to avoid another one. I will be starting to insert Evening Primrose Oil in about 4wks or so too. It is supposed to help ripen the cervix (I think!).
    I understand that you want your bubs to decide his birthday, but wouldn't giving him a little natural help over a few weeks be better than induction?
    Natural methods are much more gentle and take time to work, unlike being induced which is fast and furious, not to mention painful (was for me anyway!).
    Good luck

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The only way to avoid an induction is to say no I'd start all that natural stuff on your due date if you want to, but I am much like you, why force them if they are not ready!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

At the end of the day you don't have to have an induction sweetie. This time period should be known as the OTHER 2ww...its hard.

But yeah, start with the Raspberry Leaf, maybe a cup or two a day, and the sex may be a pleasant distraction.....

good luck xoxoxoxo

I have gone out today and brought some raspberry leaf tablets and started taking them today, i have been drinking the tea but only 1 cup a day.
    I also brought some EPO so i will give that a go tonight.
    I keep getting niggly pains but then nothing happens which i think makes it worse.

a Gf who does aromotherapy suggested we look at clary sage but wait till closer to my due date, so we will try that next week.
    I guess slowly does it, a bit of encouragement for my cervix cant hurt, and of course DH has put his hand up for the sex

Goodluck with the natural inductions, tee hee about your DH putting his hand up for sex, DF and I had a heck of a lot of sex and we brought our daughter on at 38 weeks 5 days (well I think it was the sex that did it ) and thats tomorrow for you!!!!

Well i was induced with both of mine the first time because of high blood pressure and protein in urine. The second time because i was a week over due but i had been having contractions all the day before he arrived so he would have arrived on the day he did even if i wasn't induced but i was so miserable and in pain with the way he was laid i needed him out.

I tried everything to get labour started and nothing worked!!

GL with the RLT

Hows it all going Tan? I am interested cause 1 was induced with first two and went over with #3 and went by myself day 4. Not sure what will happen this time round with BP issues. All the best!!!

Hi Rose,
    well im still here.
    I have been taking Raspberry leaf tea every day for a few weeks now, and evening primrose pil for a week or so. Of course we have been tryng sex as well. I have also tried a bath, curry , bumpy drive and still no bub.
    Now that i am past my due date i will start trying other options

Any suggestions???

Hmm, I'd keep up everything that you're already doing. Some acupuncture can help things along nicely but, as with all the other remedies, it won't make anything happen if bubs isn't ready.

My other idea (ducks in anticipation of eggs being thrown for such an obvious yet difficult suggestion!) is to relax. Yes, i know, i know! Easier said than done. But on a very basic level, our bodies can't 'let go' and birth properly in a fearful or anxious state. So the first thing I would do is repeat to yourself until you believe it - "My baby knows when the time is right, my body knows what to do, it will happen on it's own". And, remember, no-one can physically force you to have an induction and no-one has ever been 50 weeks pregnant!!

xox

I gotta tell you that walking got mine out.
    I walked right through my pregnancies, so I was pretty fit.

DD1 was 41+1 Went to Coffs Harbour shopping for the day with MIL - She had enough of waiting & got me walking everywhere! 12.30 that night my waters broke.
    DD2 41wks contractions started at 2.15am & went for a bit & stopped. DH & I went for a slow 5km walk. Things got going a bit on the way home. 10.30pm they hit full on.
    DS Didn't want to go over again, so when I woke up 3 days before my due date with contractions I got excited. But nothing happened.
    Walked 2 kms that night with BIL to the pub for a game of pool. MIL had to pick me up. Labour started at 5am the next morning.

It worked for me. It might help you. I hope so. Can't really hurt.
    Anyway, goodluck. Hope it happens soon.

Hos we going Tan? Anything worked yet?

I booked an induction massage for 3 days after my due date. It works on pressure points so I thought could be a nice way to give baby the message. I was then going to step it up to acupuncture... I'm like you and didn't want to make aby come early if they're not ready but I decided a few hints might not hurt to take away the pressure of a medical induction.
    In the end my baby came 3 days before the due date so I can't give feedback on these methods sorry. Oh, I drank RLT and took the tablets throughout almost the whole 3rd trimester and my uterus worked like a dream.

hi all,

well im still here, have a killer back ache today from my cleaning spree on the weekend i think.

Im still going, still taking RLT tablets and drinking the tea.
    Will keep trying away

gl .... try doing some thing really important !!!

if not go for a looong walk if you can manage it .... or a fun ol bounce on a birth ball .... um someone told me the prostiglandins in semen works better if it is ... ahem .. taken by mouth ...

so if sex isnt working , try oral and keep a glass of water near by ... lol

tan
    from my understanding RLT doesnt actually work to induce labor but it does tone the uterine muscles, which will hopefully mean that you get stronger, more effective contractions when you do go in to labour.

Oh Tan, I was wondering how you were going. Not long now hun. It will happen!

How is your DS - is it definitely CP?