Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hit me with your best Natural Induction techniques!

Lol Cass, sounds like you're definately on your way to making some good mummas milk I haven't had a soaking yet. Just managed a few drops.

Wow, that's an interresting one marcellus. Not one I think I'll try with having diabetes tho.

An old workmate of mine swears by chamomile tea. With both of her pregnancies, when she'd had enough she drank 5 or 6 cups of chamomile tea over a 12 hour period and on both occasions she went into labour that night. Her friend tried it too and exactly the same thing happened. I'm not sure why and when I googled it I couldn't find much info, but there must be something to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    no no no fasting.... not good and you need your energy, for you and your baby. Definitely a HUGE no.
    yeah, I kinda thought that too. Interresting concept though.

Oh yeah, well like I said I didn't do it - file it under "I think not"

Raspberry and Dandelion tea (1:1) four cups a day. I went the labour the very same night I started this!

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    for me it was accupunture from 35 weeks (weekly) then at 40 weeks he attached electroded and ramped it up, waters broke 12 hours later! i was also on herbs from him too
    :yeahthat: Hi mamaS as you know I'm also seeing an acupuncturist, it was fortnightly, I've just started going weekly and as of next week it will be 2 x a week (to keep my kidneys going strong and to try to increase my BP) He also gives me herbs which don't include the raspberry leaf. I plan to get the acupuncture to bring on labor at 39 weeks if bubs isn't here. You belly buddies will be the 1st to know if that ends up working! In our hypnobirthing book it also talks about nipple stimulation and not to do it until you are close to your EDD cause it can bring on labor, so that will be worth a try too

hmm, patience for me, i decided after ds was born that I didn't want to try and rush dd as i didn't feel finished with my pregnancy the first time around and felt a little depressed because of it, like I was too eager for it to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfubecca View Post
    hmm, patience for me, i decided after ds was born that I didn't want to try and rush dd as i didn't feel finished with my pregnancy the first time around and felt a little depressed because of it, like I was too eager for it to finish.
    I totally get where you're coming from as I felt the exact same way first time around (DD was taken by CS at 38 weeks) and I always said I'd let my next bub stay as long as he/she wanted to but because I've got GDM I've gotta beat the clock. if I don't go into labour before 40 weeks it's section time again.

Things that I totally think worked for me:

1. Having an osteo treatment the day before to release the muscles around the baby.

2. Having an emotional melt down the night before - had it around 11pm or midnight or something, and woke up with my first contraction at around 5am-ish.

I don't think my EPO or RLT did anything for inducing me because I was overdue. I think because I released my fears about going into labour, it was just the right time for Eden to be born.

Good luck honey - you know I'm here if you need to talk!

Default Hit me with your best Natural Induction techniques!

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post

2. Having an emotional melt down the night before - had it around 11pm or midnight or something, and woke up with my first contraction at around 5am-ish.

:yeahthat:

With my DD, I drank RLT from about 34wks I think, one cup to start with, increasing to to 4-5 at the end. I also had acupuncture, had been having it all thru my pregnancy for other reasons and at 38wks she touched the induction points. 39wks she added the electrodes and DD was born at 39+5. DH and I had also been dtd a bit.

DS - nothing worked and I went one week over. Had acupuncture, RLT, wore out DH with dtd, tried expressing... Nothing. Until
    I had a big emotional breakdown - went into labour 12hrs later!

Hi Girls, does anyone know a good acupuncturist in Brisbane who can do induction acupuncture. I am 2 days over, but if I still have not had bub by next week might look at trying this. Have tried EVERYTHING else and still no sign of bubs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12