Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Induced? Not if I cant help it. Advice Please!

paradise lost Guest

BIG STRONG labour vibes hun.

A phrase to take with you to the doctor is "Medical research suggests waiting is the safest option for our baby at this time" - you are not saying NO, you are saying Next week. If you are quizzed you can just tell them that you're aware that there's an increased risk of further medical intervention with induction and at the moment since bubs is fine you'd rather not make problems. Babies come hun, the VAST majority will have come by 42 weeks. It sounds like you're about ready to go anyway. Best of luck.

Bec

Quote Originally Posted by hoobley View Post
    "Medical research suggests waiting is the safest option for our baby at this time"
    I like that one. Will do..

Thanks
    K

Best of luck Kaylene with your appt today. So glad that you're feeling empowered. That is fantastic, now go get what you want. LOL! Let us know how you go.

Hi all,

Firstly I want to thank everyone for your support and your advice. It really made me feel so much better knowing that I wasnít being selfish or foolish in not wanting interference just yet.

Ok, today went very well. I went in with my husband, a mission and a mission statement. I was so convinced I would have to explain myself in great detail that I must have looked cranky, I didnít need to. The first thing he said was, Are you coping? Followed by, Do you want intervention?. It was great. I obviously said not at this stage. He gave me a check up, did blood works, measured baby (again with the comment ďBig BabyĒ) and said. Ok then Iím happy to let you go until Wednesday providing I follow his instructions... (One more week!) But if your still prg, on that day come in and we will have an appt for you to have a scan and a scrape. He was so helpful I couldnít believe it, maybe he knew I wasnít going to show up anyway.

Phew. Now all I need is a labourÖ I went shopping afterwards with the intention of bringing on this baby. I walked until my legs could go no more. Didnít do anything. This woman pushing twins asked me if I was having twins too. Gees I must look huge. What are some other natural methods to bring on labour? Iíve been eyeing off my DD trampoline..

Anyway things are good again for another week. Please keep sending those labour vibes. And thanks again.

Biggest hugs
    K

Oh hun that is fantastic news!! Isn't it just typical that when you are fully prepared for the fight - you don't get one!! PMSL at the trampoline thats hilarious!!!
    HERE is the article about natural induction methods hun!! Rest up lots too in the next week and reserve your energy for labour!

Now just sending you the biggest and bestest ******* LABOUR VIBES*****!!!!

SueB Guest

Kaylene That's great news ....So good to hear you are being listened to

I have this oils reciepe that was given to my by a MW .. i have had two friends use it and both had their babies withing 3 days hope it helps .. let us know if you try it and it works

Clary Sage, Jasmine, Lavender,
    sweet almond, jojoba

LABOUR & CHILDBIRTH
    10 drops Jasmine 3%
    5 drops Clary Sage
    25mL Apricot Kernel oil

Massage over abdomen and lower back only when labour has started or if baby is overdue

Good Luck

Oh gees, Im still here !!!

I walked for 3 hours today, if that doesn’t bring her on its definitely a myth tomorrow I will try Raspberry Leaf tea.

41 weeks and 2 days... Im so uncomfortable...
    Last edited by Kaylene; October 26th, 2007 at 09:05 PM.

I reckon you'll start going into labour Sunday arvo at about 3pm.

Oh and that essential oil recipe of Sues looks good. Clary sage is very effective.

Clary Sage, Jasmine, Lavender,
    sweet almond, jojoba

LABOUR & CHILDBIRTH
    10 drops Jasmine 3%
    5 drops Clary Sage
    25mL Apricot Kernel oil

Yes I agree, I was able to get the Jasmine today but struggled to find any Apricot or clary sage. I will try this recipe on Sunday after I check another shop close by.

K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12