Thread: Quick Q, need urgent answer (kelly, Alan...anyone??!)

Default Quick Q, need urgent answer (kelly, Alan...anyone??!)

I am trawling the net at the moment looking for something that will answer this question...

"What is the risk of uterine rupture in a woman who has NOT had a previous caesarean when induced with oxytocin?"

All I can find is vbac, vbac, vbac! Apparently uterine rupture only happens to vbac'ers

If anyone can give me a stat or point me somewhere, please help.
    Tks

Actually I'll be more precise

What I am really needing to know (rather than a specific statistic) is whether the risk of rupture is higher for a woman with no prior c/section who is induced via the drip...than it is for a woman having a spontaneous vbac.

Tks again

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I dont know where anything is online but the studies sadly include everything - VBAC, induction and C/S rupture rates, not just VBAC Its very unfair but like I have said previously, because of the misoprostol disaster everyone links VBAC to rupture and thinks its dangerous and deadly, but it only became dangerous and deadly when obs started using an unproperly tested drug, misoprostol, on VBAC women for I think around a decade til they figured it out.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.