Thread: any suggestions - white spot

Default any suggestions - white spot

i have had a really sore breast lately, whenever oscar feeds the pain was really severe. a few days ago when i had a really good inspection of my nipple i found a tiny pimple thing when i squeezed it yellow stuff came out and then after a while squeezed again and a white hard ball came out. i rang a LC and she said it is called white spot and i was to pierce it. which i have done about 3 times now but it keeps coming back. it is knife wrenching, toe curling pain. i am beside myself at the moment, i am in such agony whenever he feeds and he feeds so frequently (8-10 feeds) i just don't know how to get it to heal. i just don't know how to heal this thing up. oscar is only 14 months so weaning is not an option for us.
    any suggestions/help/ideas?
    beckles

I've heard that they're actually there to moisturise your nipples and so they do in fact have a purpose. And you're not supposed to squeeze them either as they can become infected. Hope that helps.

Celsie. xoxox

I had one around the same time I had a blocked duct I think, I didn't squeeze it, it went away on its own. Wasn't that long ago either but strangely enough thats all I remember, sorry.

I had one of these too. I can't remember what I did with it, but eventually it went away. And they hurt like snot.
    I'd call your GP and make sure you haven't got an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by Celsie View Post
    I've heard that they're actually there to moisturise your nipples and so they do in fact have a purpose. And you're not supposed to squeeze them either as they can become infected. Hope that helps.

Celsie. xoxox
    Your thinking of the Montgomary Glands. A White spot is usually a blocked duct that is really close to the surface of the skin. What Beckles got out would have been old milk that has sort of dried out.

How is going now Beckles? I don't know what more to offer you other then what the LC told you to do. But if your still having troubles let me know & I will ask on the ABAchat thing I am on.

thanks all for your replys. fj i am alot better now thanks. i changed position feeding o in twin hold for couple of days and it has seemed to help alot. it is no where near as painful, the lump thing is going down slowly now too so i hope that this is the end of it.
    ta beckles

Beckles I had one when Indah was about 4-5 months, she had bitten me & it blocked up & it got a massive head on it & I eventually in the shower massage & nurst it, I continued to feed her as before & within a week it was all healed, but yep it was a hard whitish ball!!!