Thread: BF whilst co-sleeping..leaking issues?

Default BF whilst co-sleeping..leaking issues?

Hi there ladies of wisdom, your advice if you please.
    Babe number 1 is due round about next Wednesday and we've decided to give co-sleeping with bf on demand a good go. My dilema is, as a nudie rudie sleeper, the boozies are free for rooting and self-attachment (that's the plan anyway!), but how do you avoid the issue of having to change your sheets every day, due to them (enevitable so I'm told) getting soaked from the leaking boozie not in use?

Awww what an exciting time for you with a bubs coming so soon. I went topless too with just a towel draped over me otherwise you really do soak through everything. Having the breasts free for bubs is so great and will encourage a healthy milk supply. I know others have worn bras with breast pads to bed but I just found that so uncomfortable. All the best

Jo

yup a towel here too. otherwise the other booz drip drip drips everywhere.... i never wear a bra to bed... yuck too restrictive for me
    good luck and happy co-sleeping it's the BEST.
    beckles

In the early days I had to wear a bra, my breast were so heavy, it hurt to roll over. Now I don't wear a bra, just a pj top that is left open.

Even though I don't leak like I used to I still wear a bra, old habits die hard I guess lol

I didn't use towels because I was worried where they would end up.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I wore a bra for the first month, now it's bra-less with a t-shirt (which usually gets a little damp overnight, but that's okay!)

I started out with a bra and breast pads (first 5 or so months), then just a bra, then the last couple of nights (at almost 11 months) I have finally got back to bra-less. Early on I used to have a cloth nappy under me too. But even before DD was born I was leaking heaps of colostrum so I knew from an early stage I'd need something to keep the sheets dry The rooting wakes me so I can usually get the bra open before DD gets to the nipple.

The towel sounds like a goer - thank you ladies. It was what I was kinda thinking, I just wasn't sure it would be enough (so many unknowns!). I don't wear a bra as often as I should during the day! - so I can't imagine wearing one to bed. Although I did see some kinda tank-top styles in one of ABA's mag in a waiting room which looked good. The type, 100% cotton with no bones, that cross over low under each boob, creating a deep V for easy slipping out and in... anyone with experience with these types, or know the website for them? Thanks again..

I did that when my little man was born too and he is still co sleeping 9.5 months later and I love it. He just attaches himself at night and feeds so I dont have to wake up and get out of bed! We all have a better sleep! :-)

I used a cloth nappy or two, one underneath and one on the boob not being used but in the first couple of weeks when leaking was a huge problem I bought the ugliest comfy-ist maternity bra and slept in that.