Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Breastfeeding after 12 months

Fire Fly Guest

Good on you Rach for makeing it this far. Its unfortunate that its not our decision to keep feeding for as long as WE want. The little monkeys have there own minds and they decide.
    My little man has just turned 1 as well and still feeding. He isnt as regular as before but still getting the good stuff. Wonder if ill be tandem feeding.

well done girls, why would you wean on to cow's milk when they can have human milk. i'm all for bubbas/toddlers/preschoolers to self wean.
    beckles

My little man is almost 13 months and we are still feeding Mostly at night to comfort him when he wakes but he is still getting the good stuff!

We are still breastfeeding. It has really gotten better and better with time. I love the special time with Charlotte. She looks at me with those blue eyes and names all the bits on my face and we have the best conversations. I wonder if we would have time for that without the feeding.

cazoraz Guest

Cole is now 18mo and still feeding, though i'm starting to wonder when it will all end. He only feeds first thing in morning, and last thing before bed, but whenever he is teething he wakes up and sooks for a feed too for comfort. I would be quite happy to cut that out! Any ideas?

Maryann, sounds like you and Charlotte have the same conversations as Tehya and I. Not only does she name the parts of my face she gives them a poke too

People are starting to ask me when I am going ot get her off the boob. My answer is usually whenever she is ready. The I get, What ?? at 4. I don't think I'll last that long. My poor boobs have nearly vanished now, but at what age will I go to?? When do you decide enough is enough ??

i follow the don't offer, don't refuse motto. so if they ask for a boob i give it but i don't actually offer the breast, for me i start doing this after about 2 & 1/2 but i know lots of people start earlier. when zak had his last breastfeed we were both ready, we both just knew.
    beckles

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678