Thread: Celebrating 2 years

Matryoshka Guest

Default Celebrating 2 years

Well after after many challenges, including; Reflux, mastitis, sleep deprivation, lack of support, pregnancy and feeding for 4 months with a hole in one nipple.... i am proud to say that we have joyfully reached 2 years of breastfeeding together

I never thought our journey would lead us here nor last this time frame, but as we beat each challenge i kept moving the goal posts and now look forward to tandem breastfeeding both my boys.

It's been one of my greatest achievements to make it so far despite the adversity i faced, including the times i wanted to give up myself. To succeed at this and have this as one constant in my life has had so much benefit on other facets of my parenting aswell.

So we celebrate 2 years and while i sometimes wonder if i'm nuts to give tandem a go, and am scared of night feeding two, its also a challenge i'm ready for so bring it on!

Congrats!!!!

Congratulations MummaB. What an achievement !

Congrats B - you are an amazing woman - I am in AWE of you.

Happy birthday to your beautiful boy as well.. *mwah*

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

So proud of you B! You are totally my inspiration! What a wonderful achievement!

Wow, MummaB! You should be soooo proud of yourself. Well done.
    By the way, your second Bubba is due on my birthday!!!
    Saša

Congratulations MummaB Good on you for persevering through all those hurdles!

Congratulations MB, that is a huge, huge effort.

Having just watched my second DS also self-wean before making that elusive 2 yr mark, I, more than anyone, can really appreciate how wonderful this is for you. You are such an inspiration. I hope your incredible success and strength to overcome hurdles, can help others to reach their goals (even those they don't know they have yet!).

Way to go to you both! What a wonderful achievement You have every right to be proud and shout it out loud!

Matryoshka Guest

Thank you for your congrats, I have received so much support from BB members during these challenges, without which i'm not sure where we'd be today. It was also when the Gentle forums were initially created that i first began looking in to full term breastfeeding and other child-led parenting values, so for that i am also greatful.