Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think this is freaky?

shannon i think you did a great job feeding jessalyn, considering all her health concerns what an amazing achievement to got to as far as you did. no wonder your supply suffered with all your stress and concerns. please be gentle on yourself i think you're ace
    beckles

Debbie Lee Guest

Totally agree with Beckles, Shan

Shannon, I'm backing the girls up too. You did an awesome job with Jess, you still do. It's amazing you kept up a supply with all your stress and runnings around. Jess is so lucky to have you for her mummy, Your a champ :hugs:

Yep count me in I remember what it was like when you were going through it all with Jess you did great... please don't doubt that for a millisecond!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Im jumping on the bandwagon!! I've been reading about all that you went through with Jessalyn, and its amazing you BF... she's lucky to have a wonderful mum like you

And you gotta love those preggy hormones!! I just squizzed at your ticker - :eek: 15 weeks already!! Wheres the time gone!!

Wow - heaps of support! Thanks everyone I knew you guys would understand.
    Shane has said he doesn't want to know about it. I guess he is a little concerned that my supply (which is currently perfectly balanced to Hamish) will go al over the place, and I'll complain about over production. I have to see I can see his point - I do complain a little about smelling like a leaky old stale cow.
    I think I'll try expressing say 50-100mls in the evening,and putting it in the fridge for her in the morning to have. I dont really want her associating it with me so to speak. She has tried a few times to feed from me, and just licks at my nipple, then says yum. Quite cute But she is such a handful that I wouldn't want to have her climbing all over me everytime Hamish was being fed.
    But I'm interested to see what might happen! Hamish I guess will be going through a growth spurt in a couple of weeks, so its not going to hurt to increase my evening supply for that.

All your support muchly appreciated!

BTW - Shannon - you know what I think of you and your breastfeeding journey with Jess. Absolute legend

lol if I come over for a cuppa tell me where it is, as yum as it sounds I dont think it is my cuppa tea.
    Bec

Well we've just been going through this food intolerance thing in our house & I have found giving Matilda bm rather than goats milk or soy milk has better results.... I just give it in the cup or bottle and if I keep expressing that amount at that time then it should be level. YKWIM? If I keep doing it then there shouldn't be an oversupply problem? (at least thats what I'm telling myself)

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec

PMSL bec...

That reminds me of when I was talking to MIL about using EBM in recipes (for seth) she didn't realise I meant for Seth and envisages me cooking family meals with EBM LOL! I was wetting myself when she bawked and told me what she thought I meant... what was funnier was that she was staying with us so she was worried about what I would be serving her!

*hugs*
    Cailin

LOL Bec - did you take sugar in your coffee?? It might taste sweet if I used EBM.
    I get what you mean christy. Night time is the only time I can breathe (except for my precious BB time at lunchtime nap) so its probably easiest if I do it then - before bed.
    Cailin - Shane still hasn't tried EBM. I have to say I haven't either.... I get to smell the old stuff on me before my shower in the morning, so it sorta makes it a little unappetising for me

funny isn't it that we will quite happily drink milk from a dirty ol cow but not ourselves. what's with that? BTW i just can't bring myself to drink enough for me to taste it. although DH thinks it's ok blahhhhhh must be something with our society hay?
    beckles

Debbie Lee Guest

YEah...something about bodily fluids freaks us out

I tried to give her some in a cup this arvo, and the little beast didn't want it. So I mixed it in with her cows milk. I'm sure a 50:50 mix is better than none at all

Debbie Lee Guest

Absolutely! She's still gettin' all that good stuff

I havent tasted mine either & Dh hasnt, maybe I'll pin him down... My boobies wwere dripping after my shower tonight! I'm not sure but I was in shower with Indah & she snuggled in really close too & patted my boobies saying "Nice Mummy" then it felt like letdown & they began dripping, I guess it's only 8ish wks since she stopped wanting boob???

Gosh they are so big heavy & painful too.....

Good on you Fi, for giving it to her. I plan to keep bf Lucy for as long as she likes, so can't see any difference whether Jenna gets it from a cup or you. I express bm in the morning straight onto Lucy's weetbix. Just as well we have toast or DP might be getting it as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12