Thread: Dream feeding

Default Dream feeding

When I first took Seren home, I watched a programme called the baby whisperer in the early hours of one morning. She was saying how you can give a baby his/her bottle while they are sleeping, and so helps them sleep through the night.

I have found this technique an absolute godsend! Has anyone else tried this, or found it helps?

Seren is nearly 9 months old and I still give her dream feeds to keep her going!

I have to be honest, and found it never worked for me and my babes. In theory it makes perfect sense, and is common sense, so I tried it with both Olivia and Charlie, and attempted to breast feed them before I got into bed in the evening.

But they were either way too sleepy to feed properly, or they would slightly wake up and be grumpy and refuse to feed! Even if they did have a half decent feed, they would still wake at the usual time anyway (around 3am). So after a few futile attempts, I gave up!

That said, both Olivia and Charlie started sleeping through by themselves very early on, and have continued to do so, so it was no drama anyway.

Just goes to show how different our babies all are!

We did this with Aidyn for ages, and it worked really well for him. We would dream feed him at 10 or 11pm, just before we went to bed, and he would (usually) sleep through until about 7am!

Im a big Tracey Hogg fan but unfortunately this didnt work for us either. I just never wake him enough to get the boobie in his mouth. Similarly he would still wake at the 2am feed. Hendrix also slept through from 8 weeks so it wasnt a problem. I will try it though with the next bub when the time comes.

no disrespect intended but this isn't infant led feeding though is it?

beckles

Beckles, IKWYM, hence I gave the concept away pretty quickly. When I did first try it, it was after my babes had kind of established a vague 3 hourly pattern of feeding for themselves....(literally, I could time Charlie, his demands for boob were like clockwork!). So I figured that if his last feed was at about 7, then he would likely want to be fed again at around 10pm ish.......but no, he quickly told me he wasn't interested!