Thread: Here I am.... pondering the end....

Default Here I am.... pondering the end....

Its in sight, I know it is. But I'm not ready for it.

Jovie never asks for a feed anymore. She did Tuesday when I picked her up from day care and that was the first time she asked in a week. She asks by trying to undo my bra & saying "BoBo"

I've been continuing to feed her in the mornings, when she gets up I don't give her a chance to run away yet

Its hard to believe we are here... 17 months onwards. It was such a battle... the breast refusal for days on end, continuing to refuse certain feeds for months. Then at 6 months it settled. Now at 17 months, I'm the one instigating feeds again, encouraging her to feed.

She's still allergic to cows milk, we give her a cup of rice milk once during the day so I know she gets what she needs but its just the sad sad thought that I'm not totally "necessary" anymore. I could go away overnight now... not that I want too .

Anyway... my ponderings of the end of our breastfeeding relationship... I know its in sight and I know I will miss it.

Hey Christy, I know how you feel. Congratulations on your BFing relationship with Jovie! Hugs to you

Makes me realise it migght not be that far away for me also. But I get to do it all again soon enough

James is 26 months old and still LOVES his bedtime boobie! The last week or so we've been talking about how he is getting older and soon won't be having boobie anymore and he actually gets upset! I'm glad though really because I've been examining myself and how I would feel if he suddenly didn't want it anymore and I think I would be really sad! So I feel for you Christy - I hope you are able to enjoy each feed - no matter how many more there are on the horizon!

Christy, I so understand.

Wow Christy, I had no idea. Jovie seemed like she was going to go way longer than Tom. But she still might - you know how long I've been thinking that it's the end for us too, and we are still going. In fact Tom has been sick with vomitting this week and had a few extra feeds!! And this morning our feed was really long. So there is still hope. So hang in there hun, and see how it goes. She just might surprise you.

If not, you know that you've given her the very best start, and done her the honour of choosing her own time to stop. And you know where I am if you need a shoulder!

Christy, wow you have done such an amazing job to get here, both of you I can only imagine how you must be feeling now, but I love MR's words.........you have done Jovie the honour of letting her choose her time to wean, and that is a wonderful thing.

I hope you can enjoy many more feeds yet, and make sure you have some photos

Thank you all... its hard to figure out how I'm feeling. I think I'm disappointed, and amazed. I'm so proud of our journey.

ya know since posting in this thread Isla is becoming really silly at the breast. Which is no surprise given I am pregnant & at that stage of the placenta taking over etc. But I said to DH that if she keeps up with bitiing & being silly I doubt she will last another 2 month. She still asks for it but really she only has maybe 3 feeds in 24 hours. She has more on some days but usually its about 3 proper feeds. They are all through the night too.

Awww Christy, do you think it is all the more bittersweet because of all the hard work you put into it? Either way, you are not unnecessary - who else is going to hug her and love her the way you do?

awww Christy, do you think it is all the more bittersweet because of all the hard work you put into it?
    I do think that has a lot to do with it. I think also the people who kept asking me "How long are you going to breastfeed for?" and I always said "At least 2 years"

FJ, maybe its a phase? I know ManraRay went through this with Tom too... they are all around the same age... I know she's teething her eye teeth, one's come through & the other top one has gone up & down. But I guess its been this way for 2 weeks or so? So I keep thinking its just weaning....

yeah it could be, I am sure I made the same comments with Glenn & he held on till after his 2nd birthday, till just before Isla was born. Then he just thought it was funny seems it was for the baby now.

Hey Christy,

Big hugs, I was just thinking the other day, when Sander was all snuggled up and feeding, how much I will miss this in the futur. I never imagined I would love feeding him this much.
    Thank goodness we still have some time (hopefully).
    Enjoy the time you have left and maybe take some pictures of the 2 of you whilst feeding, I have a few and it is so nice to look at them and think back at how good it feels!
    Enjoy the good memories!