Thread: Made it!!!..and it is just the beginning!

Smile Made it!!!..and it is just the beginning!

Well after problems at the start with an undiagnosed tongue tie and bad attachment that caused nipple pain and marathon cluster feeds that absolutely exhausted me, we have made it! We have got to the first milestone in our BF relationship....the WHO guidelines magic 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding!!!

So DS is now officially part of the less than 1% of babies who are exclusively breastfed for 6 months in the UK.

I am so happy! I look forward now to many more months of breastfeeding alongside solids. Although I am not looking forward to solids poos!!! LOL!

Well done! And happy half birthday to your DS.

And you're right about the solids poos - I was wishing he was still exclusively bf this morning.

Congratulations hun. That is fantastic, you have both done very well. My first DS had a tongue-tie too, so I know how difficult it must have been for you. Luckily we found out at 2 weeks.

I wish you all the best for meeting your next milestone.

What a special 1%, well done

congragulations

Gigi is offline BellyBelly Life Member - Love all your MCN friends
    Add Gigi on Facebook

Woot to you and your "liquid gold"!
    that's great!

i found solid poos alot easier to deal with, with the Little Squirt (we used cloth nappies).
    FLushable liners were also a boon, once the poos were formed, and not runny/watery.
    Ah, the wonderful things mums talk about LOL.

breastfeeding past six months is great for getting past all the times they fall over, learning to walk and run. a quick comfort breastfeed is so much quicker and easier than getting out the baby panadol etc.

Yay! Great work (we are half way there)

Well done, poppy and your DS!!! You should reward yourself for making this milestone. What's your next goal?

Thanks ladies!!

Next goal is self weaning!

Well done you!!!
    Wow, 1% in the UK? That explains why my mother keeps asking me when I'm going to "stop putting that baby on the boob"

(mum's in Scotland).

Well done again
    Suexxx

Yep it seems to be the general consensus here that if babies get anywhere near a boob they need to be off it at 6 weeks!!! That is if they even start them breastfeeding. I heard someone telling a story that alot of their mates believe that the midwives at the hospital only tell you to breastfeed because they don't want to give you your free tins of formula that are yours by 'right' LOL!!! I get told all the time by random people in town 'Don't let them force you to breastfeed!' Even my doctor said 'it's not the end of the world if you want to give up' Yep Britain is certainly pro-breastfeeding...NOT!!

hi poppyfairy, just wanted to give you a big pat on the back and a huge WELL DONE!! Wishing you well on the rest of your BFing journey xxx