Thread: Need recipes to keep breast milk going

Dearne Hall Guest

Default Need recipes to keep breast milk going

My daughter was born at 25weeks and 2 days and she is now 42weeks and home. I have been expressing now for 17weeks and my milk has drop alot and I have heard there are things to take to increase your milk supply. Can anyone help

Beebee Guest

Hello - congratulations on your daughter's arrival! My daughter was born at 28 weeks & never got the hang of breast feeding so I expressed for 9 months. In that time my milk dried up (around the time she came home from hospital) & the Paediatrition wrote a script for a product (sounded like "Dom Perignon"!) which helped. I had tried Fenugreek & other "natural" methods but this helped the most for me. It may be worth asking a medico for an opinion. Good luck & I know how frustrating /heartbreaking it is.... so hang in there.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Easy:

Lots of WATER. Not one glass while you feed but three!
    PROTEIN
    ZINC
    B VITAMINS

There are also pressure points on the top of your shoulders, halfway between your neck and shoulder (you'll get the sore spot!) and halfway from the top of your shoulder to your shoulder blade. Its been known to set off letdowns
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.