Thread: pinching the the other nipple whilst breastfeeding

Default pinching the the other nipple whilst breastfeeding

thought i would re-post this in here as not many responces out in the other breastfeeding forum and then thought maybe it was TMI for some woman. whoops.

anyone have experience with their bubba's pinching/pulling the other nipple whilst feeding? oscar has started doing this and if i am wearing a bra comes off the breast and crys and whinges until he can access the other nipple. i can't stand it. i have heard 'nursing beads' help. anyone had any luck with them? or am i the only freak who has a baby that is obsessed with my nipples? i try and hold his hand, give him a toy but he just doesn't want a bar of any of it. it is painful sometimes because he pinches and pulls my nipple. any suggestions?
    beckles

Hi!
    My DS likes to play with my nipple too but usually AFTER his feed and he plays with the one he has been feeding from as my bra is always on and he doesn't have access to it anyway.

However, one thing he does like to do is pinch my breast or pinch my stomach (near my belly button) and that was getting painful. He would also do a thing where he would roll the skin of my breast between two of his fingers and that got painful as well.

To help him not do that as much I spent a few days keeping his Nu-Nu (lamb toy with a small soft blanket as its body - IYKWIM) between him and my belly and he stopped after awhile. He usually has to be really upset or really overtired before he'll do the pinching rolling bit.

I'm not sure if that is helpful at all but thought I would share my experience with you.

DD does the same thing with the pinchy thing. but she has taken to pulling and squeezing my nose, and chin and getting her fingers inside my mouth and pulling my lip down real hard!!! it started out as gentle rubbing which was nice but now,, it hurts!! i have no suggestions for you either, sorry.

Nina is doing all the above. She'll grab the other nipple and pinch it and twist it OUCH!! She also grabs my nose, chin, mouth or whatever she can grab at the time. ATM I'm trying to hold her hand so she doesn't do it, but she gets cranky with me for restricting her. The joys of bf hey!

yup its annoying. i wont let bree.she tries to play with my face too. i will even restrain her arm until she gets the message - feed nicely please!
    try a breastfeeding necklace??

the other thing is to stop, tell them that hurts mummy and wait a few minutes before putting them back on the nipple. Do this every time they hurt you. Tell them no, take them off, explain it hurts and then wait before putting the back to the BB. They will get the idea once the realise, hey, when I do this, mummy stops giving me the num nums and I really like my milk so I won't do it anymore...
    They are just starting to learn cause and effect. They haven't worked out that they can make things happen, that they can hurts things etc. Be paitient but firm. They have to learn they can hurt/damage things and that it is wrong to hurt....

i haven't seen a breastfeeding necklace, don't even know what they look like, every time i hit on one there is no picture, is it just like a normal necklace?
    beckles

no. they are usually chunky and colourful (some pretty beads mums wear anyways, some bright gawdy animal shapes,LOL) so they hold babies attention. i just did a google image search for breastfeeding necklace and heaps popped up
    the good ones have magnetic clasps so if baby tugs too hard it only comes undone, not breaks.

I do really like that suggestion