Thread: SO proud of myself for breastfeeding!

Smile SO proud of myself for breastfeeding!

Hi there!

Just wanted to give myself and all of you other Mums who are bf a huge pat on the back after reading the 'Suck on this' article on BB:

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/....php?t=15099._

I know it's politically incorrect to be so pro-anything, but I really think we are doing our babies and ourselves a wonderful service by feeding them the way nature intended. I don't intend to start a debate here, but I feel so proud of the fact that my body alone has grown and nurtured my beautiful girl ever since her first moment of existence to now!

Although I haven't had the troubles some women are unfortunate enough to experience, I haven't had a completely hassle-free run and have had mastitis twice, so I give myself another pat on the back for keeping at it even when I wished I didn't have to!

I am horrified at the low levels of breastfeeding in developed countries, maybe we should all be a little less shy about promoting our abilities as breastfeeding mothers.

Cheers

Jen, your pat on the back is truely deserved hun. And why should you have to worry about being a proud breastfeeding mummy. I sure am. You are doing a great job feeding Lucy. Mastitis is a horrible thing to have isn't it. I too had it 3 times in 3 months when feeding Noah but was so determined to feed through it. DIdn't want the extra pain of drying up my milk on top of it either

Here's to all the breast feeding Mama's out there, a huge pat on the back. Oh and one for me too

Congratulations Jennifer!! and you too Trish Hooray for boobies!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Some very wise people say, 'Don't be anti- anything. Be pro- what you believe in.'

No-one should feel guilty for being pro anything especially if you truly believe in it.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I love that statement kel! And yay for boobies! Congrats to us all!

*hugs*

yay for our boobies and our trust that they can solely nourish our babys.
    i am very pro breastfeeding and anti judging people!
    pats on backs all round.

That's a great philosophy Kelly!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I got it from a fantastic DVD which has changed my life, and my family who have seen it. It's amazing - Cai you will have to come and see it
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.