Thread: What's going on??

Fraser Guest

Default What's going on??

Ok I am dead scared of Charlie self weaning and me not having anything to feed him!

so lately he has been really fussy - right from the day he was born he has been a great drinker and I have had zero problems breast feeding (lucky me) but now he seems to drink for a little bit, then get mad and shake his head from side to side, then latch on for a few seconds and off we go again with the on / off cycle .

I don't know if he's getting much - my boobs feel floppier than before but I figure my milk has settled down - when I express milk comes out - I've tried giving him a little bit of cooled boiled water thinking perhaps he's just thirsty and doesn't want the milk but he only had a miniscule amount before cracking it, so I don't know what his issue is.

He is a very big boy - do you think that the breast milk isn't enough for him anymore? what are people's opinions on starting on solids?

I just don't know what to do, BFing is so easy and I'm happy with it - I don't want Charlie to stop!! I'm not even sure that he is stopping, but his appetite seems less - ok I'm rambling now.....

:eek: help ladies - any advice or similar experiences?

thanks, Em

He isn't teething is he? Or have you had AF since you have had Charlie? sometimes the taste of your BM can change due to the different hormones in your body when Af is due or here kwim? there have been a few women on here who have experienced that when their AF returns post baby/

Fraser Guest

no I haven't had AF yet - but the last couple of days I have been crampy and a right biatch!!! so who knows...

he better not be teething.....!!

That could be the problem then, if you are feeling like that, she might be about to make an appearance

Fraser Guest

it would also explain how I managed to eat an entire chocolate cake without feeling sick......

LOL at the chocolate cake!

Yup - Tallon did this when AF was approaching... mine came back around 3-4 months. But then we had a couple of days like this anyway... without finding a real reason. I think I'd only worry if it goes on too long iykwim?

If he's a big boy - I think that's a good sign that he's getting enough Just keep an eye on wet nappies. I'm sure he'll be fine. Hope it's not AF for you tho. I was a bit disappointed that b/f didnt keep her away for longer!