Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who else is feeding a 16-ish month old?

.... so good to hear you're feeling a lot better. BFing is soooooooo hard when you're really sick too isn't it. I had very bad gastro when Elijah was 2 months old... man that was hard!!! Oh and DH was away! Teething and being sick for her must've been a monstrous thing to her, the poor poppet, but still it does take it's toll on you that's for sure! So, fast forward to now and Elijah pulls my top open and down ... ahhhh not so socially acceptable when out of the house young man!!! bahahahah although I'm sure that some males would love the show! Also a fairly recent addition to this is when feeding he jams his hand down the middle of my boobs!! What's with that? His hand isn't cold lol so dunno why he has decided to do that. Although, better than his demanding to hold my hand like he used to, cos that got hard if I had to scratch or move or anything cos he'd protest

It IS a phase I promise - I expect she has been 'clingy' in a few different ways but the bf'ing is standing out because it is just so demanding of you!

My DS is still feeding and 18ish mths and I am about 18wks pg - so I hear you! I was not very happy at all a couple of months ago with m/s, sore nipples and a very whingy little man who wouldn't even go to DH! AHHHHHHHH!

It has passed even though he still feeds, first thing, mid morn, lunch/nap time, arvo, bedtime, midnight and dawn!!!! And yes, if he doesn't wean I will be tandem feeding (and a walking zombie I suspect) BUT it is worth it.

With the girls I went through a stage around the 12/13mth mark where I just wanted them off me, I felt oversensitised and like I couldn't do it anymore, but that passed too and they both fed until they self weaned around 2.5-3yrs.

Hang in there chickadee!
    Sarah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12