Thread: Yes, another Mum sad to say goodbye to BFing

Default Yes, another Mum sad to say goodbye to BFing

Well, we've had our last breastfeed.

I could have just added an "us too" to megiemoppit's thread, but I thought it was a significant enough moment that we should have our own.

I thought there would be this big romantic "final moment", but it's just petered out. He doesn't need to BF anymore. Oh well... till next time...

ETA - My commas come out as question marks, even when I do a post preview and all looks OK? Any ideas? (I fixed this post cos it was annoying me, so I can fix it when I edit).
    ETA again - sorry DS, I didn't mean to take over this important moment in our lives with a silly formatting question, but since you don't care about BFing anymore anyway, I don't think you'll mind.
    Last edited by Epacris; December 17th, 2007 at 11:33 AM.

Taia's Mum Guest

Hehe! Well done on BFing for so long!!! That's excellent! It is a weird/exciting moment when you finish!

hey rachel
    that sounds like the perfect way and reason to stop.... your job there is done, if he doesnt need it and is not interested... that is what i am hoping to do with jemima when she doesnt want it anymore its all over but until then i will be her milkbar... milkbar at the moment though is considering its opening hours... 4am for first feed of day is not cool.

congratulations for breastfeeding for as long as your baby wanted, i think that is perfect and exactly the way it is meant to be.

Thanks Nat.

And thanks especially Kel. Yep, you're right, it's the best way to stop, no drama, just not required anymore.