Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baby Food Recipes!

some more ideas...

pasta sauce (basic) - cheesey tomato

melt some butter in a saucepan and stir through some flour to make a paste
    add about 200ml full fat milk and stir constantly (bring to close to boiiling) until it thickens
    stir through a selection of cheeses whatever you have and that your baby likes - i usually use about 50-100g ricotta or marscapone and then a lot of grated other cheeses - grueyere, cheddar etc - it will all melt and make a thick cheesey sauce.
    could stop here and serve with pasta (i use risoni) as a cheese sauce
    Stir thru some pureed tomato or passata until the saue is pink
    serve with pasta

Variations - add any of these at the end to make a different sauce:
    tin of tuna - flaked
    baked pumpkin - mashed
    basil
    shredded chicken

Noah loves this and cannot get enough - i always have some inthe freezer which i defrost as i cook the pasta for a quick dinner for him

THAI CHICKEN PATTIES
    1kg chicken mince
    a bunch corriander - v finely chopped
    4 kaffir lime leaves - v finely chopped
    2 tbsp thai curry paste (green or red)
    2 tbsp fish sauce
    1 tbsp palm sugar or caster sugar
    2 eggs

mix all ingredients together and form into small balls with wet hands
    shallow fry in vegetable oil
    makes about 18-20
    these can be abit spicy, may want to vary/leave out curry paste ifyour baby is not into heat!
    i break these up and N eats as finger foods - loves them!

Guys these recipes are great!! I am stuck for ideas now that my almost 10 month old is more interested in feeding herself - who knew puree could be so messy!!!

Heres one that MJ LOVES - she shovels it in like there is no tomorrow.

1 large Pototo
    1 tin of tuna in spring water
    carrots
    broccoli
    zucchini

Put potato in Oven and bake
    steam or boil veggies to desired consitancy
    Once potato is cooked, take out inside and mix with Tuna add veggies.
    makes about 2 servings

i make a larger batch and freeze it as well

Rebecca77 - we do BLS, so she only feeds herself... the mess is amazing, the dog loves it thou as she is sent in to clear up afterwards

just thought I would share a couple of recipes that Olive loves.

Custard and Stewed Apricots
    I used Orgran custard powder and soy milk (follow packet directions). It's really easy and free from all the crap thats in the jar ones.I used a couple of drops of pure maple syrup instead of sugar and also put stewed apricots (dried apricots cooked down slowly with a little water)with it and this was a huge hit. She ate every last scrap!

Tuna mornay.
    I made white sauce on 1/2 cup soy with a tiny grate of cheese and about 2tsp of cornflour to thicken. Heat milk to boiling point in the microwave then add cheese and cornflour and stir quickly to thicken it. Meanwhile I steamed some fresh corn(about half a cob) and about half a bulb of bok choy (could use a few spinach leaves) and pureed these together. I also cooked a couple of handfuls of Bellamy's organic baby pasta. I mixed everything together with a small tin of tuna in springwater and she loved it!

I just made some really yummy sausage rolls they are healthy chicken and veg sausage rolls,I actually ran out of pastry so I made some chicken nuggets out of the rest of the mixture. It makes heaps of little sausage rolls:

500g chicken mince (fresh chicken breast mince or use whole breast and process in food processor)
    1 onion (if your child likes it)
    1 carrot
    1 Zuchini
    1 Clove garlic
    1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
    1 egg (or egg substitute if your child can't have egg)
    Mixed Herbs to taste
    1/2 tsp chicken stock powder (optional)
    Puff Pastry
    extra egg for pastry.

preheat oven to 180
    Place onion, carrot, zuchini in food processor and process until finely chopped, add rest of ingredients and process until well combined.

cut thawed puff pastry in half and place chicken mixture in middle of each half all the way along the length of it (if that makes sense?) then fold over one side and roll into sausage roll shape (brush egg on the other side of pastry where the ends will meet to ensure it seals properly). Cut into small sausage rolls and place on an oven tray. Brush with extra egg and bake in the oven until chicken is cooked through.

for the nuggets, i just formed the remaining mixture into nugget shapes and rolled in fresh breadcrumbs and then put them in the oven until cooked.

you can freeze these and its a great way to get some vegies into your littlies without them knowing you can of course use what ever vegetables you like or some combos could be:

Tomato & Cheese (fresh tomato and freshly grated cheese) also put some cheese on top of pastry would be nice

or spinach and ricotta with chicken

Pumpkin, parmesan, pesto with chicken

You could use beef, veal, pork, turkey mince or even tuna might be nice

the possibilities are endless, make it fun and they will eat it.

Default Getting ready for solids!!!

Hi all,

This is my very first post and I'm glad I came to this thread cause everyone seems to have great advice and good ideas for feeding little ones. My little girl is five months old and I am wondering what should I be looking for in order to determine when she needs more than milk???? Also she has been suffering from ecxma and I'm not sure what the best foods are to start her on and what I should stay away from. I keep getting contradictory info from my friends.

Any ideas????

Thanks!

Smile

Wow, now I have some great ideas. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes, my little monster will hopefully be thrilled once i've hit the supermarket & the kitchen to cook up some new ideas. Thankyou!!

Talking

dd just started eating more frequently and i have found a soup she really loves! i make a big batch for both of us and just freeze the extra for the week ahead! it's scrumptious!

leak and potato soup

you need:
    chicken stock [i use better than boullion]
    fat leek stalks, washed and chopped [i use the whole leek, the top greens are fortified with beta-carotene, and the rest has potassium, some folic acid, and vitamin C.]
    four yukon gold potatoes [or your fav spud!], rough chopped [i leave the skin on these guys too. good fiber!]
    salt and pepper [i add that with my bowl of soup, not the whole batch]

directions:
    boil potatoes. sautee chopped leeks in soup pot till white parts are crystallized and top stalks are soft. pour chicken broth into saute pan and let simmer so juices mix with leeky goodness. once spuds are softened, add to saute and let simmer for ten minutes.

pour into blender, cream blend it, and serve! you can also garnish with a dallop of yoghurt or top with sharp cheddar cheese shreds o_o

lemme know what you think

Awesome - thanks girls!

DD is 7 months old and doing really well with solids but I've hit a wall and was getting really stuck for ideas - I felt like I was feeding her simply a variation of the same thing every day! There are some fantastic recipes and ideas in this thread and they all seem really easy!

thanks again and keep the recipes coming!!

Fi

great thread

Just made a delicious fruit mix for DD:
    1 Bunch of fresh Rhubarb
    1/4 cup of raisins
    4 small red apples
    1 Vanilla Bean, deseed and put the whole case in the water too.
    1/2 teaspoon of finely grated ginger
    boil all of the above in a pot until soft (apples need to go in first), drain, remove the outer vanilla pod, blend and put into ice block containers, great to serve with yoghurt and no cane sugar in sight.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234