Thread: the coolest thing I have ever bought for making baby food! i'm so excited

Default the coolest thing I have ever bought for making baby food! i'm so excited

before anyone checks I don't work for philips or avent.

I saw the steam flip blend on a website recently and instently fell in love with it.
    it was exspensive so I put my credit card away to think about it. over a month later I saw it in the big w catalogue and took it as an omen I was meant to buy it.

So I did. i tried it today, dd not old enough for solids yet, but I thought I'll make something for ds (3yo) and just not puree much.

it was so cool, it steamed to perfection, i did over blend because I was too busy playing with it, and got the smoothest baby food you ever saw, so we had potato and sweetpotato sauce with our lasagna for lunch, but I can't wait to make purees for dd now. I'm so excited, i wish it were around 3 years ago.
    and you don't have to blend, so you can use it if your making a meal for just one, or ou can just blend and use it as a mini blender, so I'm betting i use this for years to come.

Just needed to share 'cause i'm so excited

In a place where Love is what we breathe!

ive seen it too!!!! but was very put off by its price im pretty jealous of you right now!!
    ive shopped around and ended up spending/wasting $20 on a magic bullet type thingy from KMART. and no, i dont work for KMART! Hehe!

I bought one of these months ago & still use it! DS is over 1 now but it's so handy if our meals are just too chunky (if veggie chunks etc are too large he just spits them out) or I want to quickly steam something for him. I also use it to mince chicken etc!

This sounds fantastic, I'm off to google!

It is awesome, I think even after kids don't need it anymore you could make dips, salsa, etc in it, or even just a soup for one!

cut up vegies, steam while your eating breakfast, puree, chuck in a flask or a container and you have fresh, thick vegie soup for lunch, how easy is that!

Smile Still good?

Hi kungfubecca

Can I ask you how your avent steamer is going? I really want one!

Do you still use it? How is it with cleaning after use?

Thanks
    Meela

Way back when I was going to mothers group, one of the mothers had one... She raved about it!

I've been contemplating about getting one before DS was born ... Still tossing up whether to get this or just a great big normal food processor ... can anyone else who has one help with whether or not it was worth it???

I did babyled solids, much cheaper lol

I got one on sale (woo me!) but I haven't tried it yet (boo me). I'll report when I have

Oh I've seen this & would love one! Anyone seen it on sale anywhere lately?
    Is it easy to clean?
    How long does it take to steam?

Thumbs up First run, success!

I bought mine at Parramatta Toys r us for $190.

I just tried it by steaming apple. Wow - so easy!

1. Pic of my chopped apple ready to go PIC

2. The steamed apple. It beeps when all the water is gone. 50ml of water = 5mins of steaming, 100ml = 10mins etc. PIC

3. The blended apple. One pulse gives some chunks. 2-3 pulses give silky smooth baby food. You can't serve it straight away - way too hot! I popped mine in the freezer for a few minutes before giving bub a little taste. The steamer comes with a spatula to scoop it all out.
    PIC

Cleaning. Cleaning was EASY. A little puree got up in the steamer lid, but everything comes apart easily and I just rinsed (because it was only apple and it was my first use).

Baby food in minutes, woo! As @kungfubecca suggested, I'll be making sauces and soups for mummy too

p.s. apologies if the pics don't come out the right way. I can change them - its my first try to use pics in BB.