Thread: eggs for 9 mnth old

Default eggs for 9 mnth old

Hi, i was wondering if its ok to give things with eggs in them (fritatas, zuchini slice etc etc) to my 9 mnth old or do you have to wait until they are over 1

thanks

Any history of egg allergy in the family? If yes I would wait till 1yr.

If not then yep you can...just give your little one a taste first and see how they go.
    I gave DD a taste of some egg the other day and she is 7mths and she loved it.

:yeahthat: we dont have any allegies and have been giving DD eggs since she was 7 months. Fried, scrambled, omlettes, french toast etc

I gave my first two children eggs at about one, and have since found out that we it best to wait till they are about three. My daughter went through a period of masturbating at about 2 and I was told to take eggs out of her diet to see what happens. Stopped within the week
    Even organic eggs are high in hormones. Not to scare anyone, it's a personal decision what to feed your child and when. But it does make sense it is ovulation of a chicken. I plan on waiting with this bub!

Pie has had eggs since about 6 or 7 months, loves them scrambled. I think they are fine if there's no history of allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybirdflies View Post
    I gave my first two children eggs at about one, and have since found out that we it best to wait till they are about three. My daughter went through a period of masturbating at about 2 and I was told to take eggs out of her diet to see what happens. Stopped within the week
    Even organic eggs are high in hormones. Not to scare anyone, it's a personal decision what to feed your child and when. But it does make sense it is ovulation of a chicken. I plan on waiting with this bub!
    It's natural for little kids to explore their bodies and I think it's a big leap to assume that the hormones in eggs are causing something that's part of natural development. At two a child has no awareness of sexuality, and even babies will explore their bodies (with or without eggs in their diet). We have our own chickens, who are completely hormone-free (we've had them since chicks) and my DD is still naturally curious about her own body. I have never heard that there's any benefit of waiting until three (are they somehow less likely to be affected??).

I waited to introduce whites or yolks, I can't remember, with DD, but since we have no egg allergies, I'm not going to bother for #2. It seems to be one of those things that comes in and out of fashion!