Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just wanted to say Hi!!

wahine Guest

Default Just wanted to say Hi!!

Hi beauties,

after reading some posts i couldn't wait to join up & say hi!!

DH & I are both 22 & we were married last August (just over 1 year now!) and we are currently TTC as we both want to.

Like alot of you, although I love all of our friends dearly, they're definately in a different stage of life to us & sometimes I find it hard as while they're discussing P&O cruises and trips around the world, I'm thinking about good schools & finding a good family GP. LOL. Don't get me wrong, DH & I love to have a good time & spend most of our weekends & the beach as DH is an avid surfer but it would be nice to chat to some ppl who understand!

I can't wait to meet (well you know what I mean!) you all & share journeys together!

Belle xx

Hi Belle, welcome! Im in the same boat as you. Dh and i are both 22 and have been married for (almost) 2 years now. We were the first (and only so far) of our friends to get married and start a family. We decided to start trying for a baby 7 months after we were married, and it all went so fast! I understand what you mean about your friends being at a different stage. But honestly, when you are with somebody that you truely deeply love, nothing else matters. i hope that makes sense!

I look forward to chatting with you more!!

Katie.

Hi Belle. Welcome to BB. I am sure you will find heaps of advice and suport here. And just so you know it is very adictive.

Both my DH & I are 23 and were married last oct 1st but together for almost 9 years (we were high school sweethearts at the age of 15). Almost our 1st wedding anniversary. We are lucky enough to have a few close friends who are also married and looking at TTC next year, however I have been told before that I am so young and I should be out enjoying myself. That frustrates me because if that is what they are happy to do then go do it. My DH & I want a baby so that is what we are concentrating on. I agree with Katie if you are with the one you love then nothing else matters.

Good luck with TTC I hope it is a short journey for you.

wahine Guest

thanks for the warm welcome!!

I know what you both mean - I'm very lucky to have DH to share my life & dreams with & that is all that matters!! I'm realy excited to know there's other ppl out there around our age with young families or looking to start one!! We have friends who recently got married so that's great, but they've just decided to move to 4 hrs away, which is very exciting but we're sad to see them go!

Katie - we're you married @ 20? When I was little I always thought i'd be married by 20 (not that 21 was to far off)!! How long were you and DH together before you were married? thats amazing you started TTC 7 months after your wedding!! We talked about TTC pretty soon after our wedding as we both were pretty keen to add another family member but then decided to wait til we'd been married 1 year ... as soon as our anniversary came we were ready!

ktgirl - congrats on almost 1 year as a wife!! That's very exciting!! What was your wedding like? I love hearing about weddings. DH & I were highschool sweethearts as well, that's the first question alot of ppl ask when they find out we're married, lol.

-xx-

Hi again Belle. Thats pretty cool that you and your DH were also high school sweethearts. Where abouts are you from?
    Well our wedding was a perfect day. I always wanted the big white wedding so we were married in a cathedral in Brisbane city and had our reception at the Marriott. It was just wonderful to have all of our family and friends around us for the day. My sister who lives in London flew home for our wedding and she was one of my bridesmaids so that was pretty special. It was exactly like we wanted it. I can't beleive it has already been a year. Time flies. How about yours?

Well, this is a LONG story! here is the simple version, hehe.
    In 2001 I went on a school exchange to Germany for 3 months (I was 17), Dh was good friends with my host-sister, and lived one block away. Dh and I fell in love, and decided to try a long-distance relationship (which nobody believed would last, of course). Dh came over to visit in July 2002, then i went back to Germany for another 3 months in November 2002, and then in June 2003 Dh moved to Australia. 1 week after Dh arrived he asked me to marry him, and in October 2004 we married. I was 20, Dh 19.

Our wedding was very small. Mainly because It was impossible to get both our families together because of the distance. And we both decided we want to keep it small and simple, so we married at the registry office in Melboune. It was a wonderful sunny day, and the office building is sooo beautiful. My parents and siblings were there, as well as our best friends, who were the witnesses. After that we traveled to the Dandenongs and had a beautiful dinner at a German theme restaurant with more friends and family, and then stayed in the mountains for our honeymoon. One month later (November 2004) we moved back to Germany so Dh could continue his education. It would have been too expensive to do what he wanted to do in Australia. We concieved our son (sorry if TMI, hehe) in May 05, and he was born in Feb 06. We plan to start TTC number 2 in about a year or so. and HOPEFULLY move back to Oz in a couple of years time, before Ben starts school anyway.

So we have been together for almost 5 years, married for 2.. so thats together for 3 years before we married. December 24th is our "together" anniversary, Married October 24th, Ben was supposed to be born on the 24th Feb, but he decided to wait until the 25th Feb.

Although we had a long distance relationship for 1.5 years, it brought us so very close, now we appreciate every single moment we have together. Im so proud that we proved everyone wrong. My family didnt understand until they were able to get to know Dh when he came over the first time, after that my parents put all their effort into supporting us, and helping to bring us together for good. Dhs parents were very supportive from day 1.

anyway, hope that didnt bore you!!

Belle - tell us about your wedding!

kate - your day sounds like it was really wonderful!! Dh is catholic, and wants a church wedding (another wedding) in a couple of years when we can get all of our family together.

VERY best of luck to you both with your TTC journies, i hope they are both very short!! keep posting and keep me up to date!!

Katie.

wahine Guest

Hi!

Hope you're both well.

I'm from Sydney. Where we're getting alot of rain at the moment!! Which is great as we need all we can get before summer!

Your wedding sounds perfect kate. That's lovely that your sister was able to make it & be a part of your day! I can imagine how much that meant to you. My brother lives overseas & was unable to make it to our wedding as his wife was expecting their baby around the time of our wedding! So that was exciting for them but they were definately missed at our wedding!

Katie your story is incredibly romantic! You sound very much grateful for each other which is inspiring! And your wedding day sounds beautiful! By the way your son is gorgeous! That's lovely that you may have another wedding for when all your family can get together! I'd like to renew our vows on our 10 yr anniversary & have a little ceremony/dinner with just a few family & close friends, hopefully with my brother there.

DH & I got married outdoors in Palm Beach at a private park that overlooked lakes & had our reception at a restaurant that overlooked the beach. We both wanted it to be traditional but our spin of traditional. It was lovely to see all our close friends and family there to join us celebrating our marriage and becoming Mrs DH was the most fullfilling moment of my life! We're still waiting for our wedding album though ... apparently it will be a few more weeks!!

I'm going to the Dr's today ... all weekend I've been nauseous, so I took a sick day today to get a check up. DH & I can't help but think 'Could I be' ... but that's wishfull thinking!! lol.

Hope you both have wonderful weeks & take care x

Oohhh. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. That would be nice for you to get some good news today. Keep us posted about how you go at the doctors.

wahine Guest

Hi darlings,

I think it's just a tummy bug! hehe! Dr ran some tests but I don't think I am pregnant!! Hopefully soom though

Hope your all well xx

Ill keep my fingers crossed for you too!!!!

hey, hubby and i are both 20 with a 1 year old, we've been married just over a year now. im glad to be 'mummying' this young.... i got more energy. lol.

wahine Guest

Hi,

hope everyone's well.

I'm not pregnant ... hehe wishful thinking! Just a tummy bug that was going around but actively TTC again this month so we'll see how we go!

Hi shazd, congrats on your 1 year as well! We must have been married around similar times!

Oh well. Hopefully it will be the month for you. This month I am getting really frustrated with my body and I am a bit over it. This is the first month that I have taken a combo of Clomid and Metformin usually I just take clomid. Anyhow I went for a scan on Monday and there was a really good follie there so I had my injection of Pregnyl anticipating to ovulate about 24hrs after the injection and still I haven't ovulated. I went back to the doctor today and have had another injection but she said that if this one doesn't work that this follie must be a dud. Arrgh!!! Soooooo frustrated. Sorry but I just needed to vent. Thanks for letting me doing so. Keep your fingers crossed that this injection works for me.

kate

iam aTTC 1 with PCOS adn on met/clomid for first time this month!!

i had a good folli on tues but yet to see if it had popped- had bad painlast night so maybe

anyway - IKWYM

:hugs:

Hi Princess. Oooh I hope yours did pop last night. Do you ever have a jab of pregnyl when you are at your OB/GYN or do they just let it go naturally? This is my 4th cycle of clomid but the first with the combo because my body is very stubborn and will only come to the party with follies when it feels like it. Anyway we both better get to BD because if this last injection has worked I am expecting to O today. So get to it girl hopefully we will both get a good result on the same day!!!
    PS TTC with PCOS sucks big time.

i know i know-no i have to keep on BD until AF comes - which i hope it never for 9 months!!. i sort of wish - he;d see me before tehn so i knew what's going on

so i'm just assuming taht i o'ed adn the egg has popped-

wahine Guest

kate fingers crossed for you

Hey Belle!!
    I was only just 23 wehn my little was one born, and can fully relate to what you were saying about all of your other friends planning trips and going out.. Its hard to imagine people you thought were so close to being so totally apart in some respects.

Enjoy the forums anyway :P

Kate, I too have PCOS but metformin was the turning point for me.. shortly after i started taking that i was becoming more fertile... it was rather annoyting to take though, it upset my stomach majorly i wish you all the luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast