Thread: Second One

Default Second One

Hi all. Well, I am 18 (19 in June) and my partner is 25 this year. We currently have a son that is 8 and a half months old. I have been planning to go to uni when Jacob starts primary school, but this will then mean he will not be having any siblings until he like ten or so. Lately I hvae been thinking a lot about starting to try for a second one around Jacob's birthday and then putting off uni for an extra year or two. That way my children will grow up together and I won't be stopping in the middle of uni or work to have another baby. The only problem is that I do not think my family will approve. My mum will support me no matter what I choose to do, but all my relatives thought I was an idiot for having my son in the first place and are constantly trying to push me to go backl to school or to uni now. My partner is keen to have another baby too, as long as we are happy. Just wondering if other people could share their thoughts with me please!!!

Also, has anyone tried to concieve after having an implanon implant removed and how long did it take you???

rallybbek Guest

Hi,
    You need to decide what is right for you and your situation. I am 23, having our third baby, working and studying at uni, sometimes it is tough but you do what you have to do to make it work. Bugger what everyone else thinks, if it is right do it!
    Love Bec

Hi Supastar! What you and your DP decide to do has little to do with your family. Some of the best Mums I know were in their late teens when they had their first child. I bet your family was shocked when they found out you were pregnant last time but they came around and now I bet they cant imagine life without your DS. It will be the same the next time too regardless of how old you are. As long as you and your DP are ready, that is all that matters.

Go ahead and TTC for another one, I say! Uni can wait a few more years. I find older students have better concentration levels and study harder anyway so it might be best in the long run for you.

Good luck.

Hi Supastar,

Personally i think if you and your DH are ready to have another baby now then go for it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks it your life.

Sounds like you know what you want so go with your heart and have fun TTC#2 , wishing you all the best.

Thanx all for your support. I guess it's just hard trying to live up to everyone's expectations, but you are all right. It's my life and I have to live it my way...

Mummyto2 Guest

You could always study and have another child. I have two children and having been studying full-time externally for just over a year now. External is great! I get to spend my time with my boys, and I will be ready to start work when I want.
    My husband is also studying (we are both 20). He's an internal at SCU. My boys go to daycare once a week to give me extra study time. DH drops them off on his way to uni, picks them up on his way back (we live a 5min walk away from the uni & daycare).
    Ultimately it is your decision, but I thought I'd give you another option to think about

PS. Don't let anyone get you down about the decisions you make. It's your life, therefore, your decisions. You're the one who has to live with your choices, not them!

Hi Supa star, i had the implanon implant and had no trouble conceiving once i had it removed. Also my doctor told me to be extra careful and use other forms of protection straight away as she had previously removed the implant on another lady and she was pregnant within the month before she saw her again! I had mine removed in feb last yr and was preg in april (unplanned). Unfortunately i m/c but it didnt have anything to do with the implant.
    Good luck with falling preg remember it's upto u and ur DP if other people dont agree thats their problem it has nothing to do with them.

I say do whats best for you!!! Dont worry about any one else...they will always have their opinions... but at the end of the day its ur life and ur decision.

Mum was a bit shocked when i said i was pg again..so soon after DD birth. But that was our choice. We wanted another one soon. I was enrolled at uni to do nursing when i fell pg with DD, and i have no regrets not going thru with uni.... it will always be there....but chance to have babies wont be.''

Goodluck in what ever you choose to do!!

Hi,

I'm 21, expecting #2 in August and got married when I was 19. Sarah will be 16 months old when she becomes a big sister. I had been married for 3 months when I became pregnant with Sarah and ppl were saying when I got married that I was too young. I have now been married for just over 2 years and some of my friends who are older and got married after me have since divorced. all I can say is some people are better off to start young.

I say go for it, if thats what you want do it!

I had my first just after my 17th, my second at 19 and third at 20, all the while we have majority custody of my stepson who is 5.5 now. I am now 21 and we are TTC #5!! some of my family members think we are crazy, others are wholeheartedly supporting us because it is our decision and our lives! We are financially stable, have a loving home and love having a large family!

Do what YOU want!

I'm glad 2 c that u want to help repopulate australia charmzy. people think i'm crazy when I say that we want 4 but are willing to have 5 to get a boy. If the youg ones dont do it no one will and the pension will b gone when we get to that age.

I had the implanon removed and it took 10 months for me to get a period back and my periods have never been regular since (i had it removed 4 years ago now). I still didnt have any problems concieving though so go figure.

My cousin had her first child when she was 21 and has waited til now (he is 9 this year) to try and concieve again. She has actually been trying to concieve now for 3 years with no luck. Im guessing there is something wrong there but she doesnt tell anyone what her problems are so I couldnt tell u.

Im no saying of course that this will happen to u, but u do have to keep these things in mind I guess.

Hey supastar I always had plans to go back and study when I had my family.My twins are nearly 10 months old and while life is a bit hectic right now I definately still have the drive to go back to uni.You do what you feel is right.I also have implanon in my arm and plan to have it removed next August when the girls are 2.Mmmmm who knows maybe it will be twins again for me???