Thread: Share Ur Stories

Lightbulb Share Ur Stories

For all the other mums, I'm looking for anyone willing to share their story with me. I am trying to write a book about young-mums, teen-pregnancy and some of the issues that go along with that. It will be entirely fictional, but I can only use so much from my own life. I do not want this to be about me and what my DH and I went through.

So if you are willing to share your stories so I can incoporate some of them into this book, I'd be so thankful. If you want to write a little summary, please feel free, change the names, do whatever, you'll be completely anonymous.

The aim of my book is to give the teen-mums of today and tomorrow and the future something to read and learn from. Because some of the books are directed at older mothers, its just the way they were written years ago. I've got a deal going with a well known Gold Coast counsel service who will hand out the book to the mums they've got coming and going all the time.

My email is [email protected] and please write 'Share UR Stories' in the subject title and leave your BB member name in the email.... thanks for anything you can submit.

Oh, and please don't worry if its a bad thing or a good thing. My relationship with my DH wasn't always rosy but that's what I'm trying to write about, that things can be bad and go one way and another way if you break up or whatever.

Hey thats a great idea Shaz.
    So are you after things like how DH and i dealt with PG, our r'ship thru it, problems i faced in PG, worries etc??

Or am i on the wrong track?
    Id love to help you out. Alot of teen mums, and young mums (i call my self a young mum, pregnant at 23, had her at 24) need that extra help. I was lost and so worried when i found out... and i had no idea what to do. My doctor at the time told me nothing at all.... just 'Get a blood test, watch what you eat and your EDD is 2nd December 2006'.

Let me know.. i want to help if i can

Sharon, whilst I'm not technically a "young" mum, I am classed as that over here and have had a few questions as to the planning (FFS, I'm married - and now don't talk to that aunt!) and if it's of any help you can use some of the material from my pregnancy journal, some of the discussions DH and I had may be similar themes to others. We've certainly had a few heated debates about baby things, and he's only been interested in baby things just these last two months, for a lot of it I felt very alone.

Hi Shazd..
    My SIL had her DD at 16!! Both her parents disowned her at the time and she went through an absolute world of **** and was going to terminate but ended up going through with it!!
    Now she has a BEAUTIFUL 8 year old daughter and also my nephew who just turned 2.. she is turning 24 this year!!
    If you dont get much response let me know and I would love to take down as much as her story for you that I can... she has told me some stories and its just sooo awesome that wonderful young woman she is today!! She is currently going to counselling for all the "stuff" that she went through then so I really think that something like this will be good for her to put on paper... let me know how you go anyways.. i will keep my eye out on this thread or feel free to pop me on MSN or Yahoo

Good luck with your book!!

xoxoxo

You are on the right track! Just any sort of thing that could possibly help another young mum out there! Thanks guys!

Default jess

im 20 an i had 3 butiful children i had my first 2 in hospital but i had my 3rd at home in water young mums dont need to be scared of there bodies they can work with them to birth there babys alot of young mums get looked down apon an get told what to do we need to stand up an do it our way we no whats best for our bodies we live in them

how are you going with the book shaz?

I've finished about four different stories. It's taking quite a lot of time, I'm squeezing it in my spare time!! I've got about two more stories to work from. I was going to repost here and ask for some positive stories as well, I know with the young mums there is a lot of negative.... I have a negative story as well which has turned into a positive.

My fingers do get sore from typing!!

Can I help you at all?

I'd appreciate any sort of help. What can you offer?

Lol i am a young mum-to-be?
    You can email me: [email protected]

Is there any stories in particular you would like to cover/ If so, let me know and Ill see if I can help at all

My writings are on hold while I sort out my issues with my husband. God knows where we will end up.

Hi.
    If you ever need any positive stories, i'd be happy to help. I'm 20 and my little boy is 6 1/2 months old. My partner and i are still going strong after the trouble we had when i first found out i was pregnant (at 19). Anyways, good luck with the book and hubby. If you need help my email is [email protected]

Hi Shazd,

I have a positive story also. I was 20 when i found out i was expecting our first little bundle of joy and my little boy arrived when i was 21.

I was engaged at the time and we had our wedding date set for 20th April 2002, however much to our delight i fell pregnant much sooner then expected so we had to bring our wedding forward to Feb 2002.

From the start we had the support of family and friends,which makes the world of difference.Pregnancy is a wonderful journey but it can also be a very emotional and stressful time if you don't have that support network.

My hubby was a fantastic support right from the moment we found out i was pregnant,through to the delivery and beyond. We now have two little boys are very happy.

Not sure if this is of any help or not but goodluck with your book.

Hey if you want to write anything else, like with more detail, dont hesitate to send it to my email adress. I can change names and everything. I'm back to the writing and want to have the rough writings done by end of May and get into peoples hands!!

Bianca_Louise Guest

I was pregnant at 17, had our baby at 18, married at 19, expecting our 3rd and turned 24 today.

Its past may but if you’re still working on it, let me know and I can email you

yer im 19, 12 weeks preg, and the father fled... if u want to write something about that, all i want to say to other young mums is, that if no1 supports u, and u think u r ready to have a baby, go for it, its not worth killing a baby cuz other people dont agree with u, i have heaps of support from friends and family and that is enough for me!
    thats if u still workin on the book lol