Thread: THANK YOU THANK YOU

Default THANK YOU THANK YOU

Hello there everyone!
    I have found what I have been looking for! I felt like I was the only one in the world who was in this position! Now I just feel so much better reading everyone posts.
    I am 21 and my husband 22 (just got married 2 weeks ago). All of my friends are studying, parting and they are all single. They call me ‘ol house wife’ etc because we are married, own our own home and talk about having a baby (even though we both work fulltime)! We are just on a completely different track to them and it gets a bit lonely with no one to relate to.
    My husband and I talk about starting a family all the time! I’m just tired of being told I am too young and that we should travel and experience life. I have had it drilled into my head so many times by my friends, workmates even strangers that I was starting to doubt myself.
    Just reading these posts have given me back my confidence to believe in what my heart is telling me. I know we would make fantastic parents even if we are 'young', after all I believe family is everything!
    Thank you
    Renee :hugs: xx

Hey renee, Welcome to bb!!!

i am in the exact same boat and find it very hard to keep in touch with friends from school and people my age as we are certainly on different wave lengths for sure!!

i remember posting about the exact same thing you did...almost word for word not too long ago.

you know whats best for you and its your life. dont let anyone stop you from doing what you wanna do.

good luck and follow your instincts...yes family is everything.

Please email me if ever you wanna chat

I remember thinking this when I joined as everyone tells me I don't want a child, I want to have a career/go travelling/see the world/go out clubbing... hello! Didn't even want to do that at 17 so why should I now at 25? However, it's so nice to find that there are other people like me, even if they are on the other side of the world and I'm older than a lot of them. My parents have stopped that this year as now they want grandchildren, but they were the main ones telling me there was no way I wanted a child last year!

However, I'm far too jealous of you all to post here too much as DH and I are waiting another year and a half before we even start to try for a baby and I thought we'd be trying as soon as we married, about a year and a half ago when we were 23. Always wanted a baby/bump before 25 but as it's my 25th in 5 days that isn't going to happen so after being very upset for the last year I'm coming to terms with it a bit so I refuse to have a strop on my birthday.

Anyway, just popped in to say hello and welcome, you're certainly not alone and it's great to find people who have family priorities in an age when you're just expected to work and work and pay a gazillion in taxes and think that's an achievement.

Ryn (also a Rynee sometimes!)

Welcome reneenay! No, you are definately not alone. Both Dh and i are 21, were married in October 04. Together since 01. And we have seriously never been happier together.

Listen to your heart! Dh and i met in Germany, when i was on a school exchange, and fell so in love we decided to stay together, even though the odds were very much against us. "long-distance relationships NEVER work" was the most common sentence i heard as soon as i arrived home. Being away from someone you love is just heartbreaking... and i thought MANY times to end it, because i just couldnt handle being hurt like that. But i knew in my heart that it would all work out, i just had to be extreamly strong. Never the less, we are now married and expecting our first baby any day now.

Ignore the negative comments renee and follow your heart. Only you know whats best for you!

Keep posting!

Hi Reneenay, welcome to BB

I was 21 and 3 months pregnant when i got married,that was four years ago.I now have two beautiful little boys who i adore.

I think it is great to have children young, that way you are still young enough to go and travel or do anything else you want to do once the children have grown up.

In my opinion i think you should have children when you are ready for them not when somebody else thinks you should have them or are ready for them. Go with your heart and don't worry what others say......it's your life!

HI Renee,
    Welcome to BB,
    I fell pg when I was 21 and that blew my mind as Wanted to do the whole travel thing and i was just getting my hairdressing career under way, but I am so gald that it happened as being a young mum is fantastic I really enjoy it and I now have 2 wonderful children and am trying for a third,
    I truly beleive that if you feel ready then go for it other peaple say the your too young storey cause of things they didn't get to do and wished they had, you are old enough to make your own decisions and it sounds like you are in a very happy loving relationship.
    so good luck to you I hope your journy is a short and happy one.
    :flower:

wildkat Guest

i sooo know how you feel.. i am 21 and hubby is 26... and everytime i even mention anything about wanting to try for ababy i get told oh you have plenty of time yet...
    yes that may be the case.. but i want one NOW!!!... we arent ttc yet....got to save a bit more money in the meantime but i am finding out all i can while i am waiting..

paradise lost Guest

Hi Ryn!

I am not half way across the world hun, i'm in Scotland! I'll be 26 in October and my 1st is due in a week and a half or so (hoping it makes an appearance earlier! LOL!).

I know what you mean about being told "you should travel, you need to work longer, have a career". I was bothered about it a little before but now i think that what makes a good parent is a person's ability to show love and change tactics (i.e. admit when they're wrong) and in my experience young people are usually more flexible than older ones when it comes to the latter (NOT always obviously ). Also i am glad that i'll be getting all my sleepless nights now, rather than when i'm in my mid-late 30's.

I now suffer from incredulous looks when i say i plan to be a SAHM and only work part time. Lots of women (who have complained, to ME, about how little they see their kids) tell me i'll hate it and i should feel bad as i should be "having it all". Well for me making my children and partner happy (he's been amazing through this pregnancy - just brilliant) is all the "ALL" i want.

Good luck with ttc. Before long you'll be holding your own little sweetie.

Hana

Default YAY!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my husband and I have decided to start TTC in August (7th August 2006 to be exact)! My family will support us 110% and I will find it within myself to NOT care what anyone else has to say. And if my friends don’t like it then they are not worth being friends with! I know in my heart we are doing the right thing and we will be fantastic young parents.
    At the moment we are getting the house organised (getting new furniture etc) before we start trying in August. I just wanted to thank everyone again for their support and comments. I can’t wait!

Wow Renee, how exciting for you guys!! Wishing you all the best, and hope your TTC journey is short & sweet! :luck:

YAY Renee! Thats fantastic, I bet you are so excited August will come around so quickly

\/ Fantasatic news Renee,

August isn't to far away...... hope it comes around quickly for you.

Wishing you all the best for your TTC journey.

Quote Originally Posted by reneenay
    I know we would make fantastic parents even if we are 'young', after all I believe family is everything!
    Go for it, You sound like you are very mature, and would def make great parents. FAMILY IS EVERYTHING to me too.
    I grew out of the "Party" Stage young, and some of my friends (in their late 30s) are still going thru it. I dont think you are too young. I wish i fell pregnant when i first started trying.
    I will be 44 when my DS is 10 :eek:
    All the best.

Go for it. It sounds like your mature and know what you want so why not!

I've been with DP since i was 20 and have wanted to TTC for about 2 years now. I told DP that I wanted to be at least TTC by 25. Well my 25th bday was in april and it was horrible. I think i cried the whole time because he said no TTC until the end of the year!I really didn't want my birthday. I felt like i hadn't achieved what i wanted to by my 25th bday. So anyway a couple of weeks later i was playing with a friends 2 yr old and DP was watching. We got home that night and he said lets do it!

I know i'm not really that young anymore (not old, just not as young as i was hoping to be when starting TTC), however everyone who knows me knows I have wanted a baby forever. I HATE the comment "You are too young!" I would just turn around and say "too young for what? we have our own house, and been working FT for years. what exactly are we too young for?"

I think if your committed to each other and know what you want then go for it. Good luck with TTC.

Hey Renee I was married just after I turned 21 was pregnant 6 mths later I am 22 now and have a beautiful 3mth old little boy I wouldn't change it for the world! It is the best thing you will every do and the most rewarding job EVER!

Default Thank you so much!

It's our first official week of TTC! Wish us luck!! We have even had a couple... ok ok maybe a few chats about the names we like, Coralee or Sky for a girl (I love China for a girl but it's a little too....different for my DH) & Mason, Corey or Seth for a boy! Hope we are not getting too ahead of ourselves!

Wow becky im the same age as you & my husband is the same age as yours DH!! Fingers crossed we will have a little baby on the way soon, just like you