Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Young?

lucysmummie Guest

DITO! although I just think children are pricless!!!!
    Im 21 and only just found ou t Im PG with our first and me and DH are over the moon, we have had few dirty remarks but at the end of the day BLood is thicker than water and if your friends say things like "u should have kids" then STuff them!

its your choice your life and when u get married you are suppose to think and fend for yourselves!!! be strong and DO WHAT U WANT TO I SAY!

Hey Leah,

How old were you when you got married? I was 3 weeks off turning 20.

How did others cope with you getting married so young?

I feel exactly the same way...we have taken a huge step to become husband and wife and we are so happy together that we cannot wait to start a family.

Why do other people have to be so cruel and worry too much about other peoples lives?

I understand exactly how you feel. I was 19 when I first married and so many people disapproved and didn't want my DH and I to have children. In the end my DH & I split (without having children first) and so many of those people said I told you so. But it was the people that were supportive of me throughout the entire time that mattered. In the end it is only those people that are true friends.

My current DP is 8 years old then me and I'm 21. I haven't really started to show yet but it'll be interesting to see people's reactions. Those who know me realise that I'm quite mature for my age and their reactions haven't been based on 'you're too yong' or anything like that which has been good. Except for my father who told me I was $tupid amoung other things and that he would take me to get an abortion etc etc. He wasn't happy and still isn't but life isn't about pleasing others. it's about doing what's right for you and being a strong enough person to withstand the backlash should it occur.

lucysmummie Guest

I got married last october and i had just turned 20 in April. me and DH have known each other since we were 14 but only started to go out when I was 16. SO many people said we would grow apart but we have only drwn closer. we are christians so we take marriage seriously, not that anyone else doesnt, but as a part of the weeding cerimony the father gives the daughter away doesnt he???? once u are married you become 1 not u, dh and ur parents!!!

some parents have trouble trying to let go of their children, maybe it might be an idea for u to pack up and move interstate then they will WANT to know eveything about uu and they undersatnd that your a big girl now not daddies little girl.

unfortunatley this does tke time as my mum and Dh's mum step out of line and interfer i think u just need to stand up for yourselves and tell them what YOU want and tht im sure you will find that once they see your heart through it all they will understand..... If not???

STUFF EM! :soapbox: sorry to rant i hope this helps u danielle. if you wanna email me to talk go ahead im all ears!

Hi Natalea,
    Congratulations you sound happy and you should be this is something you have wanted.

I know it is hard sometimes not to let what our parents say affect us but there comes a time when we all have to say enough and make our own choices I realy feel for you and hope things only get better but for now try to be happy and try not to let them get you down,

when I fell pg with my ds I was treated like dirt by my dh's family and it was hard and made my pregnancy terrible I was stressed and sick every day,

and now my son is 4 and finaly they are starting to accept me, but now my dh and I want a third child and boy does she ( his mum ) have a problem with that,

but you know what, oh well, its her problem and the way I see it is that they are not having to raise the child or support them so they have no right to have an opinion.

you go girl and be happy enjoy this you deserve that much.

xxxx :flower:

Thanks so much Amym. It has taken me a long time to be able to face my parents and others without backing down on what I believe in. the best thing is that my family (excluding my father and step mother) are accepting of my decisions now which is good. And I'm extremely happy about being pregnant!

And I think I'm hearing you with the MIL business. I've yet to meet DP's mother and i don't think I will be. DP had recently come out of long term relationship and his parents still want DP back with his ex... makes things difficult. Even DP is not speaking to them currently! But I've been labelled everything under the sun especially because of my age - she has even said she won't accept our child as her grandchild... that was after she questioned the paternity lol! All in good faith though - my own mother has more then enough Nana-love to share so my little one won't miss out regardless. it would be nice if things were different but there's no point in stressing over it for the time being - maybe eventually it'll work itself out?? How did you deal with it all when you were pregnant?

Hi Natalea,
    Its funny cause I was in a very similar situation, My dh was in a long term relationship and had a child with this person so of course they were a big part of dh's family and when they were no longer around his mother resented him big time for that,

when I came on to the scene she was ok to me as dh's relationship had ended aprox 1-2 yrs earlier but she deffinately wanted them back together as she had photos of them together all through her house and allways chatted about his ex it was not very nice,

I think the best thing I did was rely on my family for the support I needed and forgot about them as far as being happy for us went cause that was not going to happen and now that I am a little older I see that that was the best thing to do, because if I had have fought with her then I would have been the bad one too but I didn't so she is the one who has wronged me and they can't say anything about me not being nice to them, and that feels good.

It has taken almost 5 years for her to finaly start to accept me and start trying to be a part of our family and for her to start accepting my children, she was allways nice to them and cuddled them but the thing that hurt the most was how differently she treated our kids in comparrison to dh's child from his previouse relationship that was the hardest thing to deal with and thankgod thats come to an end.

I think that in the end if you just let them be, they will realise what they are missing out on and in the mean time as you said your mum has enough nanna love for your child and that's exactly how I felt and it is true, and if they do not ever come around then that is sad but you do not want those negative influences in your life.

Enjoy your pregnancy it was obviously meant to be as was mine and try not to let it get you down ( its hard I know ) in a perfect world everyone would be happy for us but unfortunately that is just not so, so we have to be happy for ourselves.

My dh and I want a third child and I have struggled to be happy about our decission because of his mum but I have decided that its not her life its ours and she has no right to an opinion in regards to this so stuff her its what we want and I am happy about our choice to have 3 children.

I think its great that you are finaly getting what you have wanted and I am happy for you and your dp.

Hi Amym

Thanks so much for your post (I know we're going slightly off topic guys but thanks!!). It really means alot to know that other people have gone through or are going through similar situations. I guess when I was married having children was something that had everything being so certain. We would have kids, I would stay home, everyone would LOVE our children to death and there were no uncertainties or what ifs.

Being pregnant is great and I can't wait to have little bubs in my arms but it's hard dealing with the rest of it and tiring as well especially when I know it's a long term thing that is going to take a long time to deal with. And it's hard finding the right people to speak with as well!!

Lol I think I'm just babbling now - had a bit of a rough weekend. I think the worst part at the moment is DP's ex is still kind of attached to him and has started playing little games (at least in my mind she has) and DP feels so guilty because he is the one that ended it that he can't see through it. Or maybe I'm just being way too harsh and I should stop being so quick to judge. Arghh!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm going mad ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Once again thanks so much!!!

AAARGHHH You must feel like screaming you poor thing as hard as it is ( and I know its hard I have been there too with all the crap that an ex brings in to the pic ) try to relax and enjoy and you can allways vent here it helps heaps to get it out.

good luck I hope everything gets better and you have a happy and healthy PG which is most important.

look after yourself

Thanks Amy. I've made my choice and I want to be with him so I guess it's just sorting through all of the crap that comes with it and as hard as that is the good times are really, really good and mostly all of the time. The bad I guess just hits me hard - especially seeing as I am pregnant I guess that I am more emotional lol.

And yes I see alot more future venting!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12