Thread: ' Young ' & new to Penrith Area

Default ' Young ' & new to Penrith Area

Hey All,
    Im Andee im 21 with a little boy Joshua who is 10months old.
    Im finding it really lonely atm, we have just moved interstate from melb to nsw as hubby is in the RAAF.
    Im not really sure where to start looking to make friends. I joined a playgroup but it ended me being the youngest (as usual) while all the other ladies were in their 30's sitting there saying how young i am to be married... subtly hinting and to have a baby too. Drives me nuts, and im sure you've all been through it with the stares people give... i look younger than what i am too.. so that doesnt help! but despite being married i still get the whispers & the looks & it drives me insane! i know i am a good mother, i feed my baby, i clean him, i comfort him, cuddle him, play with him, responsible in everyway!! i do just as good job if not better as any other 'older' mother so why do i get these comments?! Why do i get these stares? ! would they have rather me have killed my baby? Abortion is not my choice nor will it ever be! i dont understand how people are so rude!
    Anyways sorry for my little rant, im just trying to say if anoyone would like to chat, if anyone lives near by or not pls email me at [email protected] i would love o make some 'young mum' friends!! Would be soo good!!
    Thanks heaps!!!

Hey Andee

I really hope you find some nice young mummies in your area soon..

I know what you mean about older mums acting in that way. The thing is, deep down they are probably a bit jealous of you being young that's all. Don't be put off by their attitudes..We are all different and we all live our lives differently. Some of us get married and have kids young, others like to wait until they're 40. Neither way is better, it's just that we are all different and do things differently and they need to understand that. Not judge or mock you.

Young mums can be absolutely brilliant mums!! Which I'm sure you are. Don't worry about their attitudes, be proud that you are married and having beautiful babies when your body is young and healthy.

All the best

Hi Andee, welcome to BB

Sorry to hear you've had a rough time with your move. Why not come & check out the NSW Members Chat. We're always organising meetups that you're more than welcome to come to. They are usually around the Parramatta / West area because that's where most of us are from.

And don't worry we don't care how young / old you are

Hi Andee and welcome to BB. I'm a young mum turned old I was 17 when I had my first baby and I've just had my 5th baby at 33.

I got all those looks too. Now I just get them for a) having a 16 year old and b) for having 5 kids

As Sarah said, come and join in the NSW chatter. We'd love to have you along for a catch up

hey I really hope you can find someone in your area. It helps to have people around that "understand".

Feel free to join us in the "younger couples chat" thread. theres a bunch of us in there all fairly close in age

good luck, take care

Hi, i have also added you to msn. I dont have any kiddies yet (not starting for a couple of years), but i grew up out in Penrith and I am moving back out there at the end of July if that helps at all (i currently live in the city).