Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Thanks girls just want to clear up though, I dont have PND but Chemical Depression... i'm actually supposed to be taking anti's all the time and probably for the rest of my life.

Butterfly Princess Hello!!!!

Hollye, how are ya goin??

Taegan, woohoo for swimming lessons, sorry no one spoke to you though... that sucks

Gotta go make breakky now

ok just a quick question is it normal to already be feeling food cravings and have a sick feelig to foods i have previously eaten

how far along are you? You can experience morning sickness and food cravings anywhere from 6weeks.... each pregnancy is different! You should make yourself a ticker Lilypie : Free Baby stuff or Home - Bump and Beyond and bellybelly do ones too

i think im between 5 and 6 but could be more and i dont want to make one till i know

My ms started around 5 - 6 weeks.
    Food cravings were a bit further along, but foor aversions, same time as ms.
    With my girls the smells & foods I couldn't stand were
    Smoke/ashtray
    Bread
    Tap water
    Toilet cleaner (probably more coz I spent so much time with my head down there smelling it!)
    Lasange (I normally LOVE it)
    Coke (serious heart burn from it with DD1)

Skye, lol, a few drinks! I think you deserve them!

Taegan, I can't wait to take Sam to swimming lessons.It must have been so cute to watch.And to back you up, Oliver seemed lovely when we met yesterday, he was fantastic with all the babies.He made Sam smile a few times.

On the topic of m/c and cravings, I never got m/s but my cravings started pretty much instantly.I would drink 2 liters of Apple Juice a day!

Oh and on the smells that turned me off...I have a weird one! I couldn't eat of glass plates! I swear I could smell them!yep, I am weird.

Laurab- that is weird.. glasss plates??? lol

My m/s started at 6 weeks, thankfully i only had nausea and i didnt actually throw up but sometimes i swear i would have felt better if i did.
    As for food aversions- mine was cream or anything creamy and i still cant go near it, although sour cream is ok. I also couldnt stand sweets and i craved savoury stuff, especially sausage rolls and meat pies, i dont think i have ever eaten so many... lol.
    Now im good though, i dont really have any cravings as such but i do get really really thirsty (luckily for DP i havent started munching on ice chips again. lol) i just drink heaps, i crave water and refreshing drinks like cold juice and i swear i couldnt drink them outa the bottle thats how thirsty i am..... doc says it's also a sign of low iron, which i have.

I absolutely LOVED slushy drinks. I used to have a red one from the same place every time I had enough money while pg with DD1. After a couple of weeks they laughed & said 'the babies gonna come out hypo!'
    Oh well. Maybe thats what did it....It was worth it!
    With DS I craved Macca's cheese burgers. I normally have a big mac or chicken burger or something, but for about 3 months I'd pull in every time I was in town just for a cheese burger.
    Wasn't as keen on KFC as I normally am, but I ate it occasionally.
    It took me about 4 years to eat lasange again after DD1.

Laura - Glass plates! & I thought my water one was wierd! I used to avoid having a shower for as long as possible. I was really sick though. I had hyperemesis gravidarum. Sever ms. I was put in hospital a few times on a drip.
    It was only with the girls. I had just every day ms with DS.

Morning girls

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssas_Mum View Post
    My m/s started at 6 weeks, thankfully i only had nausea and i didnt actually throw up but sometimes i swear i would have felt better if i did.
    I wish I could have just had the nausea... vomiting was bad, very very bad. My teeth felt like chalk, my throat was raw and started to bring up a small amount of blood. I thought the same that if i vomited with the nausea i'd feel better... so wrong!

Laura - ROFL... glass plates!

I worked in a bakery until 16 weeks (I couldn't work any more due to a major bleed) and I could not stand the smell of the yeast proving. YUCK
    Water would make me vomit, so I drank lots and lots of red cordial and then one day it made me vomit... lol.

Whats everyone's plans for today?
    I'm having a day at home.... DP has gone out to ride his motorbike.

I just staying home too.DS is still got a cough from when he was sick last week and DH is at work.These people from Peninsular health just called me and told me they are coming over at 11am(for the PND)not sure what they want to do?? commit me?? they only gave me an hours notice.I think they just want to check up because of moving to a new area etc.
    I'll fill you in when I know!

Gross! I think that yeast smell would have made me throw up too!

Laura, good luck darl If I can't get into the dr this week (which I probably wont) then i have an appointment with the CHN anyway... so i'm hoping to be able to have a chat to a social worker or something.

I went shopping to get SIL some jewelery to says thanks for being my support person, a gold ring with a ruby in it. Then I went to MILs and had lunch there, then I came home & wa going to go to SILs but they were out so I went for a walk & I just got home and am about to crash on the couch.

Hope everone's having a good day

Sally, I'm glad to hear you are going to speak to her about how you're feeling.In case you didn't know,you can get rebates on psychologist appointments if you get a referral through your doctor.I end up paying under $20 for mine.

All was OK today.They have organised for me to go in for an appointment tomorrow just to work out what's going on with my medication(it's not really working and giving bad side effect)Hopefully something can be done.

hey girls,
    bit late with hte morning sickness bit but mine started at 3.5 weeks, thats how i new i was pregnant i couldnt drink or eat anything until about midday and then i was fine after that, except couldnt eat tomatoes (still cant sometimes lol) and craved orange juice and i hate orange juice lol.

So good news for me!! i am getting my implanon taken out this week or next week sometime and we are going to start trying for #2!!!! im soooooooo excited!

Were moving tomorrow to dunsborough! also excited bout that! im looking forward to living in the country and having a decent sized house for a lot less rent. lol

Hope you are all well!

Amy xxx

Amy, good luck with the move, will you have the net down there? I hope so!!! Oooh good luck with the TTC I am on cycle #2 due to ovulate any day now

Laura, thank for letting me know

Sal, sounds like you had a good day

Well today was eventful... the power kept going out due to a stupid trip switch... then we had some strong wind bringing down some trees onto the power lines which left us without power for just over 5 hrs.... 1/2 the food in the fridge is crap... had to throw it out It so sucks, as if we can afford to do that!

Hope everyone had a good weekend

Sounds like ya'll had a ok weekend except for you Sally, i hate it when food goes off etc, damn trees, who plants them near power lines anyway.....
    Well i went to my sisters yesterday, she had a kids clothes party thingo, got matching dresses for lys and charli, its gonna look so cute. hehe. She only had sizes 0, 1 & 2 but luckily alyssa fits into the 2 I also went to lombards and got some deco for the house on Sat, GO THE HAWKS... WOO HOO, im so stoked we are in the grandfinal.... can ya tell??? lol

Well im off to the AFL shop today, hopefully i'll be able to get a team photo or something for DP and i've gotta go get a toy net for alyssa's teddies which take up half her bed.

Good luck to Sally and Amy TTC #2, sending lots of baby making dust your way

Chat Later

xxxxxx KiRRa xxxxxxxxxx

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast