Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Agree, Good luck TTC Sally and Amy! I hope it it a short and sweet road to pregnancy for both of you.

thanks guys, brendansmum, hope it happens soon for you, do you know how long after the implanon is taken out you can fall pregnant? like is it days? weeks? months? i hope its only days or weeks and not months lol.
    i have done all the packing today so all i have to do is wait for the stuff to be loaded into the truck and the cleaners to come then i can go to hte new house, but cleaners arent coming till 12 so gonna be sooooo bored.
    anyway, ill bbl.
    Amy

Amy- You can fall preg straight away, i had mine taken out on Jan 6, hadn't had my period since start of dec so i was due for it, didnt get it til 27th Jan and i ovulated 17 days after that (normally you ovulate 14 days after) and we fell preg first try, so basically as soon as you get your period count 14 days from that day and you can start trying... or maybe a start trying at 10-11 days to be sure you dont miss it. I got the tests to confirm when i ovulated, its kinda like a preg test the ones i had, you just dip the lil stick in your pee and it tells your pos= yes your ovulating, neg= no your not.
    Are you trying for a boy or girl??? or not bothered?

Good afternoon!

Amy, I'm not sure about the implanon, but i do believe it happens staright away. Good luck!!

Laura and Kirra, thanks

I would like to have a girl.. one of each.... but not fussed as long as they are healthy and hopefully born later than 30 weeks!!

Brendan had his appointment with the occupational therapist today, was interesting... he's coming along ok and starting to do some of the 18m old things, but not quite doing all the 9-12 months things...LOL On thursday he has an opthamologist visit (eye dr) thats done in perth at the childrens hospy, and then friday we have the child health nurse who is going to organise another appointment with the speech pathologist.

DP has gone back to work (yay! ) it was nice having him home, but nice to have him back at work too!!

Hope you all have a lovely week!

We went & saw DH's cousins twins yesterday.
    They are identical twin girls born the same day I had Jesse at 32.5 weeks. So they are 6 months, but only 3.5 months corrected age.
    They are doing so well. They were both around 1500 grams born & they are just as long as Jesse now. Not nearly as chubby, but not as small as I expected!
    They are so cute. & she reckons they are easy! Easier than just one! (her DS just turned 2) I bet she won't be saying that when they are up & running around!

We are moving. We've decided to go back to the coast. Would like to be there before the start of next term, which is only 3 weeks away. If we don't have a house by then we will stay with my mum til we find one.
    I'm so excited! I love it over there & miss all my friends. Hopefully we'll get organised in time. I don't wanna be moving in the christmas holidays.

Good luck ttc girls! No experience with implanon, but hopefully it'll be quick & easy!

rhyb Guest

Hey Ive been looking at this thread for a while a little nervous to post i guess. Im Rhiannon Im 18 and a single mum of my 3 month little wonderbub Aiden. Im in Cairns trying to sort stuff out with my XP and just interesting in meeting people with little people
    Good luck to everyone who is TTC or UTD

Rhiannon, welcome!!! Hope you can sort things out with XP, do you hope to get back together? Or just sorting out visits ect... hope you dont mind me asking? I was seperated from my DP for about 4 months, when Brendan was about 8 months old... it's difficult and my hat goes off to all those single mums! Look forward to chatting

Skye, Good luck on finding a house and the move!! Glad to hear the twins are doing so well to!

Dp's just come home for lunch.... once he goes I have another load of washing to do then have to put some dishes away and mop the floor... i hope brendan stay asleep for a while, he's sick AGAIN! I'm so over it... I hope he doesn't get what's going around, DP's mum ended up with a chest infection and conjuctavitus And the flu.... I'm not sure how well brendan would handle a chest infection with his crappy lungs! I really hope it's nothing.

MWAH!!! not much to say...just passing around the love!

Sally- hope Brendan doesnt get sick, and i hope you do have a girl. They say to "do it" couple of days before you ovulated for a girl cause they are slower swimmers but last longer and get lots of calcium into ya. lol. Not sure if it works but thats the rumour and stuff i've read.

Amy- For a boy (i'm assuming thats what you wouldl like, 1 of each) they say eat red meat and do it just once on the day you ovulate.

Not sure if they work girls but i suppose its worth a try. lol

Skye- GL with the move

Rhiannon- Welcome, unfortunately im in VIC but if ya wanna chat on msn feel free to add me (the lil man in the top right corner of this post)

Hollye- Hope all is going well with your preg (your hardly ever on anymore)

I'm gonna go get ready for bed, soooo tired. lol.
    Enjoy the rest of your nights girls

rhyb Guest

Im not quite sure if I want to get back together or leave it as is. We were only together 2 weeks before Aiden was concieved so weve never had that getting to know one another stage and everything has been for Aiden IYKWIM?? Just taking each day at a time I guess.

Ok. I'm going to tell you guys how I got my boy. What I did different. It might be TMI, so be careful!
    I have always liked DTD better when I'm on top. After a few years I changed & the possy we were doing alot was doggy. Told ya TMI! Anyway as far as I know its the male sperm that are lazier (go figure!)

Also with the girls it didn't take too long to get UTD. With Jesse it was like 10 months of TTC so for a month we DTD every night.
    Next month I got my BFP. My little man!

HTH...if you were game to read! Good luck!!
    Either way just have fun practising!!!

Skye, that post made me laugh.Can't tell you how I got my boy...I didn't even know that I was ovulating that month.I'm pretty sure it was the good ol' missionary though...how boring!

i agree with skye about doggy, the deeper they ejaculate the better for a boy, i obvisouly didnt have any luck with it, both my girls were conceived missionary i think. lol.

Rhiannon- Alyssa was conceived the 2nd time we DTD, we were only together less than a week, but Trav is my Best friends brother so we had known (but hated) each other for 4-5 years before we got together. Good luck with your ex, and remember to do whats right for you.

Good morning

Hollye, how are ya chicky? Are you still having issues with the PE? How's your BP? Hope all is well

Rhiannon, All the best and I hope it works out to what you want

Kirra, yeah LOL I'd heard that about girls too...

Skye, LOL thats funny

I'm pretty sure brendan was conceived when we were out camping, the night before "king of the cross" a huge motor bike event in southern cross. There would have been at least 100 other people all camping in tents and swags.. we were in a swag next to 2 of DP's mates. His parents were in the back of the trailer which we were laying next to and his brother and GF were in the car

Well Brendan appears better this morning, so hoping it was a 24hr bug or something? I feel like crap, but thats from lack of sleep. Brendan woke around 1am and wouldn't settle, so he slept with us..... really must try and break that habbit it's no good for my sleep!

How is everyone else? Whats planned for the day??

Take Care

I think i might be having braxton hicks, i've been getting this pain in my lower back and upper stomach (above my belly button) on and off for the last hour and a half. I'm thinking i might make a trip to the doc if it keeps up, i feel a lil sick too and bubs wont stop moving. I've never had braxton hicks before (with lys) so im not sure what they feel like. This pain isnt for like 30 seconds at a time though, its more like 10 minutes at a time and it gets worse the more i move around.

If you can try having a warm bath, it helped for me

Hope its not labour just yet Kirra!
    Is it actually painful or just a bit uncomfortable? BH should just feel like your belly going really tight & hard for a few seconds, then it'll relax again. You'll feel it in your whole belly instead of just your cervix iykwim.

That post was just lovely huh! It worked though! Well I got my boy, so I'm saying it worked.
    I love the places you guys concieved! lovely!!
    Nothing too exciting there for me.
    We'd only had our first place together for about a week when we concieved Jaz though. Says alot huh!

Hope you & Brendan feel better soon Sally.

Hi ladies am I welcome here as I havent posted in a long time

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast