Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Kirra - I didnt use anything in my labour bag coz when
    I got to the hossy I had to start pushing straight away. We werent allowed wheat heat bags but the hossy provided gel ones if you wanted them.

In my hossy bag the stuff that I used most - pads, breast pads, toiletries, PJs or trackies, slippers, cordial (I hate water), my phone, notepad & pen & my DS

Awesome, thanks for the tips guys, im making sure to write all these things down, my suitcase is gonna be HUGE lol.
    I've got a wheat heat pack, i thought they were allowed, my mum has a gel one so i'll take them both just in case.

They wouldnt let us have the wheat ones because a few dads had set them on fire in the microwaves

I had 2 bags a smallish one for the delivery suite and a big one for the ward

Sal, at the dads...

Kirra, yes take a notepad and pen, keep a diary of how things went for her Birth story!! I so wish i'd kept a diary of how i felt and what happened.

back from my appointment.. BP is up again had more blood and urine taken. just waiting for the results. Bub is doing just fine in there tho

Hollye, sorry to hear your BP is back up again Hope it comes down soon. Do you have protein in your urine?

had protein in my urine at 31 weeks but none now.. thank god!

ill be alright.. im a huge believer in things happening for a reason i have faith in my lil girl and we will make it through this. I think they will want to induce me early at this stage just to b on the safe side. Im not fussed, as long as she gets here safe and sound.

Havent heard anything about bloodtests which is great.. lets just hope i dont hear anything tomorrow.

all that aside... can u beleive im going to have a bub in 5 weeks!! its completley mind blowing!! i cant wait!

Glad the protein has gone, thats a good sign!! I always figure that no news is good news, so if you dont hear anything then they must be good results!!

Sally- I had a pethadine shot when i was in labour with alyssa (after 9 hours of a 12 hour labour) but this time i've decided to be strong and tough it out cause i didnt remember much about my labour with lys cause i was so drugged up. lol. So a pen and paper will be handy.

All bubs stuff is officially washed which is a huge relief, no more stressing i wont be ready. I'm off to the shops today to do get the last couple of things and pack the bags tonight which is one less thing to stress about.
    My horrible cold sore isnt so bad today, my lip is still a lil swollen but as long as i dont get close to anyone they shouldnt notice. lol

Went to the doc and got my official results from my scan and he said everything is normal, bp is good, bubs is great (everything i knew already cause i read the report. hehe)

Hollye, sorry to hear about your BP going up again, im sure everything will be fine. Exciting isnt it..... only weeks til we meet our lil girls

Well im off to hang the washing out and go up the shops, will chat later

Girls, so sorry it has been so long it looks like i have missed so much! Havent had the net connected until tonight in our new place. this place is so big compared to our new place and there is a back yard with grass for maddie! yay

Kira- Ages ago yuo asked if i wanted a boy or girl, i realyl dont mind, a boy would be nice for a change and for DP but we have so many girls things. Also billys mum keeps saying that maddie is gonig to be a tom boy coz billy is a country boy and i kinda want a girl so i can have 2 girly girls to prove her wrong, i know thats so mean of me and stupid but she really annoys me sometimes lol.
    Also dont forget a camera in your hospital bag.

Brendans Mum- hope Brendan is getting better.

hi to everyone else

I got my implanon taken out yesterday sorry if tmi but i have been bleeding for the last 2 months since i got it put in, and as soon as its out i stop bleeding, how weird! like the minute i got it taken out i stopped bleeding.

well speak tomorrow, take care!

Amy- YAY to getting the net connected, i totally get what ya mean, MIL can be such a pain sometimes. lol. My MIL is prob one of the best MIL's around, she totally stays out of everything which is great cause my mum makes up for it by getting involved with everything. lol.
    I wanted a boy but im happy with 2 girls, i would much rather a boy and a girl or 2 girls than 2 boys likes my sister.
    My SIL had the same problem with her implanon and once she had it taken out everything was fine, my sister is also thinking of getting hers taken out but she doesnt want to fall preg again, she gets her period every 3rd week and is very moody, not that i notice that much cause she loves me all the time. lol.

Hope ya have fun unpacking, and i havent forgotten my camera, but i did forget the video camera so i'll have to go put that on charge now.

Hello to everyone else. Hope your all enjoying the wonderful weather (in melb anyway)

Goodmorning
    Kirra, I remember Brendans birth but probably only because it was so traumatic for me. I dont remember much about his first couple of days though, about all I remmber his him coming off the ventilator and onto cpap and me crying alot.... lol. Glad everything is going well with bubs
    Good idea from Amy too, Camera!!!

Amy, how was your move? Do you like where you are living now? So glad to have you back!

Brendan is still sick, he's getting worse and has a bad cough now. We see the CHN this morning so I'll get her to check his chest for me. I'm worried about a chest infection as thats whats going around and DP's mum had the same thing. I'm feeling better.... I can look after him properly if I feel well, its difficult when i'm sick too!

Brendan had his eye check yesterday at PMH (childrens hospy) and he passed. His retinas are all good (he was at risk of complications because of his prematurety) and no sign of short of long sightedness. We still have to go back every year until he is 4-5yrs, longer if any problems arise. But i'm confident he'll be fine!

Whats everyone up to today?

Take Care

Finally finished reading all your posts!

Kirra - sleep mask thingy
    - change for telly/vending machine
    - Birth announcement cards
    - Change of clothes for DP in case he gets wet in the bath or shower (learnt the hard way!)
    - milo (i don't drink tea or coffee)
    - sposies (if your going to use them)
    - mags
    - cd/walkman?

Sally - Hope Brendan comes good soon. Good news on his eyes so far though! I know a few people born around the 30 week mark & they all wear glasses, so he's doing well!

Hollye - I had protien in my urine at about 36 weeks with Jaz, but it was gone by the next week. All was good after that. I really hope things come good (or stay good) fpr you for a few more weeks!

Trying to find us a house over near Coffs Harbour.Its so hard!! There are none atm where we really want to be, but we don't really want Jaz changing schools half way through 3rd term. Oh well, we'll see how we go I guess.
    Last edited by ~clover~; September 26th, 2008 at 10:36 AM.

Kirra - don't forget to get snacks. Almonds and stuff like that. Because I was in hospital for a good week and I was bloody starving. They were giving me the large meals and it just wasn't cutting it.

Hollye - I had PE with my bub and they were thankfully able to manage my BP with medication until I was 38 weeks when they decided to induce. I had been in hospital for a week or so in late May because of my BP as well.. the BP meds were only just keeping everything in a safe range. When I gave birth my blood pressure apparently nearly doubled but thankfully bubba was safe.
    It's really good that the signs of protein have gone away!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Josie is sick this week thanks to her little stint at day care. Not much we can do about it really. It's just a cold, so she's getting plenty of rest and she's still feeding without any dramas so I'm not overly concerned. Plus the more she sleeps, the most housework I can get on with!

thanks for all the well wishes girls, it really helps.

today i feel great! had a good 6 hours deep sleep and only got up 3 times to pee! me feet arnt as swollen today and i generally feel great. My backs not sore and i dont have a headache! These sorts of days i love being pregnant! Havent heard back about my recent bloodtests so thats great!!! no news is good news!!!!!!! next appointment is on Tuesday but im sure everything will be fine. My BP just likes to keep me on my toes!

mwah!

Glad you are having a good day Hollye.

Are any of you guys on facebook? ADD ME

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Have added you Sally.

I have been staying at mums the last few days so I have missed heaps on here, sorry no personals!

I started my new medication on Wednesday, so I'm just hoping I start to feel better soon.

Hope everyone is well.

rhyb Guest

Hi everyone!!
    Im so happy cz today I officially changed Aiden to clothies full time!! lol. How is everyone?? Im fighting with XP atm cz I want to take DS to see my heavily pregnant best friend that I havent seen in a year cz I moved to Brisbane and he wont let me! All cz he feels uncomfortable with who her partner is (based on race mind you) And he wonders why Im not falling over myself to get back together

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast