Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

yeah have a look, its on at 7.30 on channel 7.

maddie is having home made chips and chicken and brocoli and were having stir fry. i have to cook 2 seperate meals coz maddie goes to bed at 5.30 and eats at 4 and we dont eat until 6.30-7.
    pain but oh well.
    ive been making nachos lately with chicken, dp loves it so its a treat. hmm what could you make thats really easy. do home made chips, vegies and then sausages or steak or chicken.

maddie is so grumpy, she didnt have her arvo sleep. she is starting to throw tantrums, i thought they only did that when they were near two, she has just turned one!

well better go. speak soon

we decided on pizza.... lol...

3 pizzas and garlic bread 22.95! cant go wrong hahahaha...

mmm chicken nachos yum

ugh channel 7!! i have to go in the other room for that! we have satellite foxtel so we dont have 7 on our tv until 2009!! booo

oh 2009 is it. i ordered foxtel yesterday and she said that channel seven would come later because of legal issues. well atleast 2009 is only a few months away.
    So maddison has been screaming all day because of nappy rash. she all of a sudden has it really bad. so she is having nappy free time and she is having her dinner, and ofcourse she doesnt want what i have cooked, she wants a banana. lol

pizza sounds good. we had that on saturday night but had to wait 3 hours coz there is one pizza shop in dunsborough and its a holiday town and everyone was here for hte long weekend and grandfinal. lol

enjoy the pizza!

Afternoon

RE Development... One important thing to remember is each baby is different. Another importnant thing to remember is that babies focus on different areas of develop, so while baby A might be crawling and not babbling Baby B might be babbling and not crawling.

Brendan didn't roll until 9 months old, he didn't crawl until 10 months didn't sit unaided until 11months and he walked at 15 months, he's now 19.5 months and is yet to say his first word, he babbles dadadada, the rare mumumum and thats it. He doesn't know that "dadada" is DP and that i'm "mumum" Whilst another little boy similar to Brendans age (brendan is 3 weeks older and this little boy was born at 28wks, so 5weeks corrected older) was babbling when Brendan was rolling, rolling and sitting when brendan was crawling and crawling when brendan was walking. The little boy has also said about 4-5 words now too he's just started to take one step....

Generally speaking at 18 months toddlers should be saying about 5-10 WORDS as in they know what they are talking about. And they may even be able to string 2-3 words together too.

I had an interesting day, had a visit from an old friend, she has 2 lovely kids, her eldest is just 2 weeks younger than brendan. Was good to catch up

sally- so good to catch up with old friends isnt it. i cant wait to make friends down here so that i have someone to talk to in person lol.
    i have my child health nurse appointment on monday so ill ask her then about any other young mums in town.

hope everyone has had a good night, maddie has been up a bit tonight with her nappy rash, its really really bad. ive been smothering it in nappy rash cream which usually works but its not tonight, and i even bought huggies nappies instead of cheap ones which also usually works but also not tonight. lol. hopefully it will be better tomorrow. would have sent her to bed with out a nappy but forgot to put on the mattress protector when we moved house.

well talk soon.
    x

oh Amy that sounds terrible are u taking her to the doc today?

And Sally I guess ur right about they do things diff. i must sound like im competing. but its not that, its that my friend seems to lie about a lot of things. apparently she has for a fair while. just annoys me u know.... hopefully my little darling will speak soon! she seems to understand things tho.... for instance cuddle. last night Brendan and me were on the floor with her and wed say cuddle mummy and shed walk over and cuddle me. and the same for Brendie (ill cal him Brendie too save the confusment Sally lol), cuddle Daddy and shed cuddle Brendie!

i had a good night! kiara slept straight through!! she hasnt done that in ages! im soooo refreshed this morn. havent had a good sleep in ever! even tho when she does wake im only awake for a min to get her a bottle. but still! but shanelles told me she was calling out to me because she was scared in the dark! poor girl i didnt even hear her!!

hope u guys have a good day! only one more day till i start work! yipee!! x0x

Two of our friends had sons about six weeks apart from each other... and the father of the eldest boy always says "Cooper must have taught him that" to the other parents!!??!?!?! LOL! It's almost like they have to say stuff like that to reassure themselves that their boy is developing quickly enough.

I've missed so much chatting, damn travis (DP) used up all the data allowance... all 20GB ....AARGGGGG, so now the internet is running at dial-up and i've only just had a chance this morn to sit and update myself. hehe

Anyways Re the development thing, my neice is 6wks older than Alyssa my nephew is 4 wks older than alyssa (we had babies at the same time, hehe) and they are both physically more advanced that alyssa. walked at 8-9months but alyssa didnt walk til almost 12 months but alyssa is more smart brain wise. All kids are dif, and like Sally says they develope different and at different things. I've also heard that boys generally tend to be more physcial than girls too but again thats not always the case. I don't believe in comparing children to other children, as long as they are propgressing in line with what their age is then they are fine.
    Alyssa's first word was animal at 6 months (after my BIL repeated it to her constantly for 2 hours straight) lol. then 'Daddy' at 7-8 months. Crawling at 7 months, sitting at 6months.

With the nappy rash amy, try kids qv balm, its excellent, my sister put it on my 2nd cousin (who had really bad nappy rash for weeks and nothing was working) and it cleared up fully by the 2nd nappy change. It's also great for dry skin etc too. Of course it would prob work even better if you put it on and then she had nappy free time. hehe. GL and i hope it gets better for her.

Took lys to the doc yesterday, she said its normal for some children to get alot of nose bleeds, one of her twin sons gets them all the time and has done for along time. phew. i was getting a lil worried, night before last she woke up at 1am with a nose bleed that lasted for 20minutes and then again at 4am with another nose bleed. Doc has given me some special anti-biotic cream to put up her nose which should help.
    I also had my preg checkup yesterday and everything is good, bubs is doing well, head down, strong hb, DP wants her to come out already, he was telling my waters to break this morning. lol.

Well i better go get alyssa ready, we are going to the tulip festival with my sister and she'll be here any minute to pick us up. :S

Talk later, have a good day ladies.

its so silly how people compete like that. i love billy ( billy just said to me your always on there, can you write something about me, and i said no, no one else writes things about their boyfriends, so just hten when i turned around to attend to maddie he wrote i love billy. lol)
    Maddie's nappy rash has settled down abit so she will have lots of nappy free time today.
    Well were gonig to go for a walk after breaky. feeling abit down having no friends here. some fresh air might do me good.
    speak soon xx

Amy, DH is the same I have told him that he can get his own membership and say whatever he wants about himself but he is not interested.

The last of our things arrived today Now I just have to get organised

Ali, hope you get settled in soon!

Amy, good luck finding mums in your area. Sorry about the nappy rash too, I rarely have that probelm with Mr B. And I use curash when he does.

Jesska, you dont sound like you are competing, I understand where you are coming from, I have a friend like that too. And it's so hard not to compare babies, becasue you want YOUR child to be ahead of the rest. It's only natural. I have to admit I compare Brendan to all ages of children. There are 6 month olds that weigh the same as him, and are taller.... and it's really hard to take sometimes. Woohoo for the sleep too!

Kirra, I was told that boys generally put more attention to gross motor skills than anything else, so crawling sitting walking ect. Which rings true for Brendan, he sees and OT for fine motor skills, as he's delayed for even corrected age and he sees a Speech Therapist as he is delayed for corrected age also. Glad the nose bleeds were nothing, best to be safe than sorry. And you dont want your waters to break just yet... 1 more week (and 1 day) and you'll be at "term" anyway

Brendan is still sick, got a cough and runny nose as well as a slight fever. He's been sick for just over 2 weeks now Poor little mate.

Kirra, glad to hear the nose bleeds arent serious! ooh tulips r my fave flowers! take some nice photos and show me!! i wish i were in VIC now!

Amy, lmao @ the i love billy.... HI BILLY....... hope he feels validated now! he he. my DP thinks im on forums too much 2!!! he doesnt get what wed have to talk about lol. he thinks that forums r just for ppl that think they know it all and tell eahc other what to do. lmao i couldnt be bothered explaining it correctly to him.

Lol Amy. Anthony (DH) is always going on about me being on here too. Oh well. He's moved me away from my family & friends & its not easy to meet people when you are a SAHM of 3. If I had family around I could get a baby sitter for a night & go out, but no. If I had a job I could meet people that way, but no (& don't want one yet).
    So BB is my social life atm. I am friends with the people next door to me & there are always people there, but some are way younger than me (high school) & I have nothing in common with any of them. Knowing noone doesn't help with the gossip side of things either.
    Thats why I'm moving. The little town I'm going to is right on the beach. Its absolutely beautiful. Jaz has about 8 really close friends there just from hoildaying up there & 2 of my friends have little boys Jesse's age. Well around 2 - 3 weeks younger.
    So life there will be heaps better. They are mostly SAHMs with more than one kid. I know them, I know who they are gossiping about & our kids are all the same ages.
    Plus if you google Scotts Head you will see just how beautiful it is.

Bri's got nappy rash (she wears them to bed still). I'm not sure though. I don't think its actually nappy rash. I think its either thrush or eczema. She does get eczema, but its so hard to tell which it is. I'm using anti fungal cream atm. If it doesn't look any better tomorrow I'll try her cortisone cream. It usually goes in a day or 2 if I use that. & its getting really bad. I wanna get rid of it before it gets infected or something.
    I really think it is eczema, but I don't wanna out that cream on til I know for sure. But then it has been coming & going for about 2 weeks now. Its at its worst today. The fungal cream seemed to be helping. I missed it for 2 - 3 days thinking it was gone & its flared up real bad. Better try the eczema cream huh.

Re - developement. ALL babies are different. Even twins! Jesse is about the middle of our baby buddies group. 1 is crawling & pulling her self up on things to standing, about 2 are rocking ready to crawl, about 2 are sitting & there are another 2 that aren't quite sitting yet.

Its so hot today. Its suppose to storm tomorrow & Sunday, then rain Monday. Ruining our plans for the long weekend. Well not really. We are going to the ILs tomorrow morning & coming home Monday sometime.
    I'm just not looking forward to having all the kids stuck inside the whole time!
    Oh well. The girls are going to stay there for a few days. I haven't been away from them for more than 20 minutes at a time for over 12 months. Oh every Thursday when Bri's at day care for the last 2 months, but thats it.
    I'm looking forward to sleeping in!

Well, best be off. I'm going to turn on the air conditioner! I'm sweating!! Its 30 degrees in my house!
    Sorry bout the novel!!
    Last edited by ~clover~; October 3rd, 2008 at 11:44 AM.

haha i know, ive been telling billy he can talk to people if he likes on here but he is also not interested. im glad all of your partners say the same thing, that were on here all the time. im just glad he isnt home during the day to see how much im on here lol.
    jesska, ill tell him you say hi, he will like that lol.
    sally, maddie never has nappie rash either, she has prob had it 3 or 4 times but when she gets it, its bad. its usually when shes teething. does anyone know if certain foods can cause it? ive been giving her quite a few home made potato chips lately cos she is quite underweight and she loves them so she always eats them. was wondering if thats what it could be.
    Skye, wow 30 degrees!! thats soo hot. im nto looking forward to summer. i like it when its like 26 degrees and clear blue skyes, not hot and not cold. perfect.
    kirra, have fun at the tulip festival. im trained as a florist and would go back to that if i was to work again, i just love flowers and tulips are beautiful.
    we just went for a walk so feeling a little better. now i have to do the dishes and the cleaning and then im going to watch tv lol.
    speak soon x

Amy, anything acidic might make the rash worse, try sticking to bland foods whilst teething. Fruits are also a nasty one for making rashes worse Poor lil mites.

I'm home and my feet are so sore, plus im exhausted, was very tiring walking round but the flowers were absolutely beautiful. We bought 2 potted tulips, red and purple (one for charli and one for lys) and we also got to pick 5 single tulips. Took lots of photo's and they turned out so good, flowers are so pretty.
    Haha to your DP's wanting some attention etc. Trav is always on footy forums so he wouldnt dare tell me how im always on BB but he does ask what i talk about, he just doesnt get that girls can talk about anything and everything. I love BB, its like having a social life without leaving my house, which is sometimes better cause i dont have to get dressed, hehe. I was telling DP last night how helpful he is compared to some of the partners out there and he just laughed and said, yeah yeah im too good for you. lol. He's such a ****ie lil terd sometimes, but i still love him.

I'm gonna go have a nap now, we have to go out for dinner tonight for Trav's brothers birthday so i need some extra sleep if im gonna have the energy. I will post the photo's of today in the gallery in a couple of days when we get the speed back up.

Later

KiRRa

awww Sally i just read Brendans Story!!! so sweet!!!!!!!!! do u have photos of him when he was little??

cant wait to see ur photos Kirra! where u going for dinner?? im going to hogs breath nxt friday... cant waiiiiiittt

oh kirra, you poor thing, i remember that feeling of sore swolen feet, i was soooooo swolen from about 25 weeks. i looked like i had elephantitis in my feet. i had to wear havianas all through winter coz they were hte only shoes that would fit me and even they would leave prints on my feet coz they were too tight! lol. my friends used to just point and laugh at my feet lol. it was pretty funny. well done for walking around today. have a good sleep.

sally, yeah i havent been giving her much fruit, it must just be teething. its going down quite a bit. forgot to say before that im sorry to hear brendan is still sick. the poor thing. 2 weeks now, he should be getting better soon. youve prob been back to see the doc havent you?

i am sooo bored. i wish i had something to do. or someone to talk to.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast