Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

lmao @ the thought of massive feet in thongs..... lol sorry Amy

hahah well im glad some one got enjoyment out of. i certainly didnt!! haha nah jj i thought it was pretty funny too. it was a crazy sight.
    so billy said he would finish work at 1 but its now 3.30 and he still hasnt finished and he said he would cook me dinner tonight but now it looks like i may have to cook. he never ever cooks dinner so i thought i was in for a treat (although maybe not, he cant cook). lol
    better go do maddies dinner, bbs

haha brendan doesnt cook 4 me very often either.... sometimes he does when its something super easy!

anyway im off to work today ladies!! yaaaayyy
    x0x

Have a good day at work Jess.

My feet feel swollen but dont look it which is weird, lol. I had a lil half hour nap which made me feel so much better, we went to Village Green for dinner, it was like an all you can eat buffet, i had a bit of everything i think but i felt so full afterwards, i actually dont like those places cause they make you overeat, although i didnt eat that much, prob only 1 plate all up and a lil dessert, not like i can fit much in my already huge and full tummy. lol.

Sally- Is Brendan feeling any better yet? poor lil man.

Trav wants to clean today (walls and all) mind you i cant be bothered so i told him it was a great idea and HE should do that, he wasnt too impressed but im supposed to be resting. Now i know why he was being so nice and sweet last night. Told me he would go get my drinks and food cause he didnt want anyone to bump into my tummy (ppl and there food can get very exciting).
    He's having a bath with lys now, so i'm taking that quiet time to quickly come on here, hehe.
    What everyone up to this weekend?
    We've gotta go grocery shopping soon and then its cleaning time

Oh and i have decided im going to give birth drug free this time, so if anyone knows some good pain relief techniques for labour that doesnt include epidural or pethdaine shoot em my way.

Talk later

xxxx

hey,
    have a great first day at work today Jesska!

Kirra, hmm maybe the bath, heat pack, breathing techniques, walking around, i dont know i had an epidural last time and an emergency c/s so i dont really know much about labour. search it on belly belly.

were doing nothing today, billy is working again and tomorrow hes out at the farm getting firewood nearly all day. im so over being on my own.
    hope you all have a good day. x

Hello Ladies!

Jesska, thanks for reading it I'm pretty sure I have some pics in my gallery on here... If not his website is. Brendan’s Journey - premature baby, blog, parenting, premmie some of the pics are showing up though

Brendan is still sick, although he isn't getting worse (just not better either) so thats got to be a good sign.

gotta go, he just woke up

All i have to say is Travis is an A$$hole. he was so nice all day, and we didnt end up cleaning, thank god, but he cracked it with me and was really rude to me before cause i said he wasnt much help with my last labour and thats why i wanted my sister or mum to be there.
    No offence to him but he's **** at giving back rubs and what if i have a back labour, i might need a good back rub, atleast my mum or sister would be good at it.
    He doesnt see why we cant just do everything the same like we did when i had lys, he doesnt understand that i dont want drugs, i actually wanna remember the moment our baby is born and not be so drugged up im almost asleep.

Sorry im blabbering just needed to vent a lil.

Sally- i hope brendan gets better soon, good thing hes not getting any worse.
    Amy- You poor thing, i would hate to be home alone all the time, if you ask me you sound like your coping better than i would, i'm at my sisters almost everyday cause i get bored and lonely.

Lys had her 4yr old imms on thursday and her arm is all puffed up and red, they say its normal but it just looks so bad.

I'm off now, a whole 15 minutes at the computer and my ribs are getting sore again.

Chat later

Kirra, sorry to hear you and travis had an argument. maybe he will get over the initial shock of not being there and then he will be fine, or maybe could you have him and your mum or him and your sister in there? i know some hospitals let you have two support people.
    Alyssa's arm doesnt sound good, if its not better by monday maybe take her to the docs.

Sally, thats not good that brendan isnt getting better but your right i spose its good that hes not getting worse.

wonder how jesska's first day went at work...

billy and i had a bit of a falling out this afternoon too coz he wants to get a second job to pay the bills, were just scraping by now but he wants to have savings and be on top of things, its makes me feel bad coz i dont want to work and i feel like i should put my hand up to work. i know its prob being selfish but i want to be at home with maddie. My old boss from when we lived her 2 years ago said if she ever needs me for big events and stuff she will call me in but it might only be 1 or 2 days here and there. which sounds alot better than having rostered days coz then i would start to dread it.

well ive talked enough. Hope your all well.

Amy x

Amy if he wants to do it, then dont feel bad. IMHO you are better off staying home with Maddie, I would hate to have been at work for Brendan 1sts. I just couldn't imagine the thought of missing out on him developing. Maybe you could get a night job if you really have to? Is there a supermarket that does night fill? that way it's only a few hrs and if you only want 1 day i'm sure you'll be able to do just one day. Maybe even if he gets a 2nd job just for a few months, get some savings in the bank and then go back to normal? I think I can see his point of view of wanting to support his family, it would suck having less time together though. It's a tough one, but good luck with whatever you decide to do.

hey yeah, its coles, they have night fill positions available, especially coming up to summer when dunsborough is just packed with people holidaying. he wants to get night fill there. i just dont know if i want to work at all. i said to him tonight that i feel bad that he wants to earn some more money and that i dont want to work and he said to me that he doesnt mind, he said his job is to earn the money to pay rent, bills, food etc. and that my job is to stay at home and look after maddie, clean the house and cook him dinner (lol so old fashioned but i dont mind) and that his extra job will just be temporary until we get ontop of things and only a couple of nights a week. so basically exactly what you said is happening lol.
    thanks for the advice though.
    So because i was feeling pretty bad that i didnt want to work i tidied the house imaculately coz there was still stuff lying around from the move and made sure dinner was ready and everything for him and he told me i was the best gf ever! lol i told him that i would remind him of that next time he is in a grumpy mood lol.
    I read your story this arvo from that link you put up with the photos and all. its a great story, i always wondered why he had been born so early but always forgot to ask so now i know. Your a very talented writer!
    Well im off to watch telethon. Want to donate but we have no money.
    Speak soon xx

Still kinda not talking to DP, he upset me and then when i walked off he told me 'to go have a cry' which i did. lol.
    He is def going to be there no question about that its just i dont think he realises its gonna be that bit harder than it was with alyssa because im not gonna be sleeping between contractions, i think i'll talk to him today, he seems like he is in a better mood and i am less emotional.

Trav is getting a second job too, he's just started looking, and yes i feel awful too and if i could i would be the one to go do nightfill or work but puting the girls in creche will cost just as much money as i would earn so its a waste and being pregaz and then planning to bf i cant exactly work can i..
    I feel bad but he is like billy and wants to save a really big deposit. We aren't struggling but we cant exactly save much either so all the money he earns from this 2nd job will go directly into savings for our deposit.
    Try not to feel so bad amy, (i know easier said than done) but if he wants to and it was his idea its not like your pushing him into it, if you got a job you would be paying through the roof for childcare and it wouldnt be worth it.

Hope everyones having a better weekend than me. lol. I'm off to play Mario party on the Wii with alyssa. hehe

good afternoon ladies!! im just enjoying me banana and mango smoothie... mm yum

and just got back from some DFO shopping!! i love shopping..... bought a dress and shoes for my friends 20th this weekend and another dress, just to bum around in... and bought brendie some shorts. good gf i am

this weekend must have been it for fights with the bfs..... full moon or SOMETHING haha...

i had a fight with Brendie on friday night! long story! basically about him going out (which i let him when i didnt really wanna so i was sooking anyway coz i feel bad to say no to him!) and then we ended up arguing coz i was picking at things like about him going to buy hair wax... lol so i told him hes a sh*t head lol... and that i would rather him F off and leave us alone! lol... didnt mean it obviously! he sucked up when he got home though hehe

Kirra, did u guys work out a birth solution? damn boys... they one track minded huh! i mean in not realising that it wont b the same as alyssa.... hopefully u work out a resolution

Amy, i think thats super sweet of him to be wanting to get a job for ur future etc. at least hes not wanting to spend his money on alcohol like some guys do at this age!! ... i say this as my bf is at his friends drinking and watching the grand final...

work was fantastic! cant wait to go tomorrow. i almost couldnt go tomorrow! couldnt find a babysitter but i finally found one. my girls daycare, they go with my friend to her daycare half an hour away! and shes not working tomorrow so they couldnt go. im going to change their daycare to one in my suburb tho coz i cant risk this happening again!!

oh and kirra i hear u on the nasty comments about crying. i get that ALOT... brendie cant stand it if i cry, sometimes he sympathises .. if hes done something real wrong but if its over like an argument he says silly things n thinks im over reacting n stuff!

rhyb Guest

Hey girls. Haven't been on much cz I have been so sick with a respitory infection.
    XP has been staying with us to look after DS for me cz I couldnt even touch him and DS is loving it. XPs been great though and has been looking after me aswell so I cant complain. If things keep going this way I can definately see us getting back together.
    Hope everyones well

Kirra, have you explained to DP that you dont want your mum or sister to take over for him, that you still need his support? some guys feel insecure about being pushed out of the way in their special moment. Tell him he is super supportive but you need more than he can physically give. I will never give birth with only DH. Mum was there when Sarah was born, Both my sister and Mum were there when Em was born (not planned that way, was only meant to be my sister, but happy with the way it turned out) both times DH has needed their support too. He hated seeing me in pain.

I am so desperate for Family Day Care to have some openings!!! I am going nuts!!! I find that if I dont get any time away from the girls it makes the PND get out of control. I always used to want to be a SAHM but menatlly I need Adult conversation!

oh Ali i hear u on the adult conversation!!!! especially when i have a 3 year old whos life is purely based on talking my ear off!!! its what she lived for ! i so often cant wait till shes in bed and brendies here so i can talk ...

wow def was the weekend for fighting with the boys, sucks hey.

Jesska, glad your day at work went well good to hear
    Rhyb, also good to hear the XP has been very good to you, hopefully he keeps it up.

Went to the farm today, went bush bashing lol, lots of fun but was concerned bout my car, even though its 4WD i was still scared that it would get bogged. maddie hasnt slept all day and she has just comked out so now we get to relax and watch tv!

Speak soon xx

Kittyyy00 Guest

Hello mums!
    I'm new to the forums here, thanks to my own mum finding it for me It's good to see a young couples forum too, doesn't make me feel as odd.
    Having a bit of a rough patch atm, DP is living with his parents & I'm living my mum until we get the money, & find a place affordable to live in, so we can move out and live together again. We visit each other every fortnight for a few days & hope for the best (there's been abit of arguing, but we're getting past it now, yay). It kinda makes me a bit sad that our DS has started with his 'dadad' &, if you're lucky, 'dad', in the past week and I've been calling DP every time he starts so he can hear
    I guess I've been experiencing the single mum lifestyle lately & I'll say its hard with 1, let alone single mums with 2 or more.

Reading through the posts I don't feel alone anymore

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast