Thread: 1st cycle - 13 eggs fertilised

Wink 1st cycle - 13 eggs fertilised

Should I be excited? 13 eggs fertilised from 15 egg pick-up yesterday, at 37 and after four years of trying naturally I think I'm excited!! This "unexplained fertility" does my head in!! Oh well hubby is excited his boys did the job :-) After early dramas of cycle start dates mix up, everything just seems to be on track. Crossing fingers and toes! The CFC Brisbane have been great, can't recommend them enough.

Can't wait for my phone call on Saturday from the Scientist to confirm embryo quality!!!! Though, disappointed the clinic will only transfer one embryo, oh well freeze any good ones leftover. By the way, I was due for pap smear in June but forgot about it. Is it safe to go during the two-week wait? I suppose my only probs have been a number of abnormal pap's in the past, but always given the all clear after another.

Susan

Sweetie- I think you should be very excited!! we only got two eggs (thankfully both fertilised!) one of them is currently in the freezer and as you can see from my ticker, the other one is currently making me spend most of my life in the bathroom!

As for the pap smear. I know you can have them done in pregnancy (they use a different scrapy thing) but I am overdue as well and I just couldn't being myself to have it done. Especially not in the 2ww, if it didn't work, I would always be wondering if it was due to that. Just my personal feelings.

Thumbs up

Thanks Glenny, hmm will def wait to have the pap smear after the 2WW. Congrats on your wee miracle!!

Woow Congratulations. Can you have your papsmear now before your transfer in a few days?

Taht's a fabulous result, well done and fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks.

Hi sweetie 15 eggs is an excellent result that was the same number i got but only 10 of mine fertilised and then everyday wen the scientist called me a few more seemed to not make it, we ended up with 3 5 day blasties and 1 6 day blastie so a total of 4 which we were told was an excellent result. So dont be upset if you do loose some because thats very normal. goodluck with it all and fingers crossed. xxx

Oh how exciting.. I think that's a good number... I've just started my Cetrotide and so far they can only see 6 decent follicles. Hopefully I end up with a result like yours!

Keep us updated, I would love to know what happens after the Scientist calls. You have EVERY right to be excited!

Exclamation Update

Well girls, the scientist phoned yesterday while I was out shopping for a friend's baby shower gift! A few figures were mentioned, though I'm not sure what they mean, 7-9 and 8000??? Not to worry, the important thing is that I was told the embryos are looking fantastic, so I will just leave everything to the experts for my transfer tomorrow morning! We have decided to just have the 1 embryo transfer, to be safe. Hubby said he would love twins but we don't want to take any risks after all these years of trying naturally...

Re. the pap smear I'm going to wait till after the two weeks, as I'm still injecting the Crinone gel so don't want to disturb that process!

Today, I'm going to my friend's baby shower, will have fun and relax!

Baby Dust to everyone!! ;-)

How did the transfer go?

What great news!

We had 14 eggs collected this cycle (all suitable for fertilisation) and 8 fertilised. e lost one on day 2, and all remaining 7 made it to blastocyst stage.

On day 5 we had an expanded blastocyst (woohoo!) transferred, and 4 of the 6 left were suitable to be frozen. So fingers crossed that you end up with a few frosties too!