Thread: 1st Follie scan... What day did you have yours?

Default 1st Follie scan... What day did you have yours?

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering what day of your cycle did you have your first scan? I'm having mine today - day 6 of my cycle (day 5 of stimming)! Does this seem early to you all?

I'm just new to all of this and wonder, if this is going to be my only scan (says the dr) then is it too early to see anything on the ultrasound?

Hey Kimmi

I had scans for my first cycle on day 8 and 10 of stims, then triggered the evening of day 10. This cycle, if it goes ahead, we have our first again on day 8 and we'll see how things look but I think our clinic def usually does more than 1. Not that I am an expert, I would think that day 5 would be ok for a scan if you were going to be having other ones as well but I'd be surprised if that was your one and only. Can you get in touch with your nurses to clarify? Mine say that no question is too silly and thats what they are there for. This whole process is stressful enough, without having to worry about the little details
    Good luck, hope that this is lucky number 1 for you FX

Exclamation Day 10

Hi there, I had my first ever follie scan Monday just gone, it was Day 10 for me. 9+ follies and had trigger that night. Today I had 15 eggs removed from the egg pick-up, feeling ok. I am indeed praying for some good ones!! Booked in for implantation on Monday, though time not confirmed yet... Getting so nervous now! Baby dust girls! :-)

Hi Kimmi
    When I did my first ever IVF cycle my FS wanted to be cautious and do an early scan (day 5 of stims if I remember rightly?), as I have polycystic appearing ovaries (no PCOS, just ovaries that look a little polycystic, which apparently up to 50% of women do). If you have polycystic ovaries, or particulary if you have PCOS you are at a greater risk of OHSS and so they will often want to monitor you more closely when doing your first cycle.

Not sure if you too have PCO or PCOS, but if you don't your FS might just be being extra cautious anyways, wanting to check things earlier to see how you're responding.

Good luck with it all
    Arielle

I can't actually remember, but I thik they'd be wanting to get an indication of how you're responding to the meds (particularly for a first cycle).
    Good luck!

Thanks ladies...

I do in fact have PCOS, so I believe my FS was being cautious. LUCKY, because I wasn't responding to the dose he had originally prescribed.

I've now upped my dose and will be heading back tomorrow for another scan
    to see if anything has changed,