Thread: do u do it, or does dh do it?? injections

Default do u do it, or does dh do it?? injections

hey

just wondering did you give yourself your injections

or

did dh or someone else ( e.g friend, family member) give them to you??

i am sitting here with an empty pen with the needle on the end trying to get brave and give it to myself. i KNOW it doesnt hurt, so WHY cant i just do it myself
    i want to do it myself but just actually pushing the needle in I CANT DO!!!!! and i know it doesnt hurt so why cant i do it i am so frusturated (sp?) with myself.
    dp loves giving them to me, it also allows him to feel that he is apart of the process, but i just wanted to know i could do it.

sorry if this has already been asked before

Hey hun
    You are right it doesn't hurt too much, but I always got DH to do it. I think it makes the boys a bit more aware of what is actually going into our bodies each day. For my DH it was easy cause he has been diabetic since he was 3!!! But I just think it makes them more involved with the whole medication side of things and the impact it can have on us phyiscally and emotionally.... and wishing you all the luck in the world for this cycle hun Just let him do it babe, he seems more than willing. You will be fine!
    Rach xx

i always did them myself - they hurt more when someone else did them

thing is though, i still hesitated every night to get brave, and the first injection of every cycle i was hopeless!

do what ever works for you and DH hun

good luck

BG

M2C, I had DH do mine nearly all the time. One time he rang to say he was going to be late and I would have to do it myself and it took my a good half an hour to work up the courage. It's just getting it in that first time that's hard. These days I have to inject myself with insulin 3x per day and don't even think about it anymore!
    It's good to be able to do it yourself in case your DH can't be there, but otherwise just let him do it if he can so you dont have to get yourself worked up!

I did mine, but DH did my trigger injection. he did pretty good, but it started to sting towards the end, think it was because he was taking it so nice and slow.

Nic

DH did mine. I was a chicken and it gave him a way to be involved

I always did my own.

At one stage, I found I was messing up my technique and they were hurting me. I asked DH to take over, and it turned out he was more scared of injecting me than I was of injecting myself! If he was at home, he'd help get all the injections ready for me. I used both lucrin and puregon so I'd have two a day. At one stage I was having three per day when they were madly trying to stop me from hyperstimulating so it was helpful to have him hand the syringe or pen to me ready to go. It got him involved without having both of us freak out heaps.

I think it's a really personal thing for each couple. Just because one couple is fine with him doing all the injections doesn't mean it's wrong for another couple to have her doing all the injections and vice versa. It's a matter of figuring out what works for you.

BW

DH does mine most of the time and if he is away or timing is not suitable I'd do it myself. So he is practically my male nurse now...he is pretty good with it now and I do think do it on the bottom hurt less for some reason.

If I do it myself, I'd do it on my thign, I bruised myself twice by doing it on my tummy plus I always think doing injection on the tummy will make it bigger, I know its not true and its silly but I just can't do it there....

Hope you find what works for you...

My DP did mine but he was always worried everytime he did it as he didnt want to hurt me!

I didnt have the courage to give it to myself.

Cheers,
    Tania

How did you go M2C?

nic i couldnt do it

i am such a sook, but qt least dp feels important and like he is apart of it

thanks heaps everyone for your replies

I wanted DH to do it...but i couldnt handle the anticipation prior to him doing it so i just did it myself, including the trigger - which was the worst.

Goodluck

Good question. I had been wondering how other couples managed it! I did them all myself but when hubby was home (not very often) he would get things organised for me, so all I had to do was just inject.

If this helps... my DH goes white if I even mention the needles. I can use injections but he will even leave the room if he knows I am doing it, he just can't handle it at all. Even talking about the bruise I got made the poor man shudder. You just can't change how people will handle the situation.

Fortunately they don't really faze me as long as I don't think about it too much while I am preparing.

S-rose I had to laugh when reading your post - mine is the same. He only did it once - the first orgalutran injection of my last cycle - I alread had the needle pushed in but couldn't press it down as it was stiff, so I asked him and sinc ehe realised I was in distress he did it - was very proud of him afterwards.

Mummy2choloe I honestly think the real problem is doing it the first time - I went to the clinic for my first needle and sat with the nurse for about 15 minutes until I managed to do it, once I had done it once it was okay.

with your cycle

Sara

Meo Guest

S'rose, Sara, my DH is exactly the same - such a sook! He goes green at the thought of needles and has to leave the room when I'm doing mine. I have to say though, I did have trouble with the whole action of stabbing myself to begin with! And I don't put the needle all the way in either. Despite my generous gut from all the drugs atm (and the comfort food ), I still think they're WAY too long and I'll push it through the skin and be injecting into my abdominal cavity!